IGNORED

Looking for time saving USR strings collection

Ray Gillman

I used to keep a basic file with a collection of USR routines stored in text like this. Must have been 20 routines - all sorts of different stuff - one comes to mind was for reading and writing disk sectors data - pass the data and sector number to the USR routine and it writes it out or pass the empty 128 or 256 byte string and sector number and it reads it into the string that sort of stuff

Anyone have such a collection they'd be willing to share?  Image just for illustration of what it looks like - could save lots of time trying to recreate some of this old code into emulators since typing some of those control code characters is tricky in an emulator.  Thank you 

image.thumb.png.4a4d3bb6fa301e447aa34339b866a02d.png

On 9/19/2023 at 4:24 PM, MrFish said:

This book and accompanying disks contain a large collection as such: Alpha Systems - BASIC TurboCharger

great book, I knew about it years ago, I came to it looking for something else. In my country there was a magazine that published some routines of this book as articles of herself but translated into Spanish. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ascrnet said:

great book, I knew about it years ago,

I only found out about it since returning to using Atari computers after 2005. I would have loved something like this back in the 80's. Instead, I had Compute's 1st book of Atari graphics and Mapping the Atari (among some other Atari books), which both had useful ML routines; I also borrowed every Compute magazine from our local library (they had all issues), which had a lot of great routines. I'm still using routines from Compute that I learned about back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FULS said:

Check out Madi's Pdf file of Alpha Systems - BASIC TurboCharger also. It seems some of the USR Strings are cleaned-up.

Yes, I have a copy of his version too. His has all been converted to text (rather than just an image copy); so, it's much cleaner/clearer to view. Having everything on disk, there's no need to type any special characters; but it's good to have his copy for better reference. I still need to add this copy to my website listing sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ascrnet said:

I also think the same, but today I find that there is a lot of information everywhere and little time to use it. 😅

That's the difference between being a teenager or young adult and being an older adult. Message back when you're a couple of years into your retirement. oldtimer.png.3b6574f79065a225c3215db3b5fe1ac3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1