IGNORED

Try my Pacman clone I wrote in pure HTML5

Tantan

2 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Very responsive!

Are the controls event driven or do you poll inputs on a fixed schedule?

@PacManPlus Have you seen this?

Not until now... thank you for the head's up!

Nice job - looks and plays great! :) 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks and plays very nice. Just one observation: If the intent is to match the arcade game as much as possible (I'm not sure if it is), then the controls don't exactly match.

e.g. if you let go of the keys and "tap" a perpendicular direction while going down a path, your pacman will automatically take in the next available passage in that tapped direction. In the arcade game if you do the same thing, Pacman will not take the next turn but instead reach the end of the tunnel and simply face the tapped direction.. if that makes any sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NE146 said:

Looks and plays very nice. Just one observation: If the intent is to match the arcade game as much as possible (I'm not sure if it is), then the controls don't exactly match.

e.g. if you let go of the keys and "tap" a perpendicular direction while going down a path, your pacman will automatically take in the next available passage in that tapped direction. In the arcade game if you do the same thing, Pacman will not take the next turn but instead reach the end of the tunnel and simply face the tapped direction.. if that makes any sense.

Some would say you're overthinking it.  While I definitely view you as wise beyond your years,...I was imagining what it would be like if any of us got to play this (for free,  let's say) back in 1981 or so...I think it would register as somewhere between "Holee Shiiit!"  and (spoken with bravado like someone who played a lot of Pac-Man (even though I was a punk who almost never played it)) "It's almost Exactly like the Arcade, Man!" ...

9 hours ago, NE146 said:

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Yes, intent is to match arcade version as much as possible. I will check into the direction control. I sure like that you can let the system know ahead of time of your intent but I will make it an option after I check the arcade version. 

Yeah np.. I guess just to be clear, as an example:

1) If you start on left side of the very bottom corridor, then push right, pacman will start moving to the right.

2) Then quickly "tap" up  (push up for a moment then let go)

a) In your version, once he passes the first upward corridor, he will go into it, even though you're not touching the controls. 

b) In the arcade game pacman will still continue to the right until he reaches the dead end on the bottom right side of the corridor (he then faces upward but remains at a stop)

Not too huge a deal at the end of the day 😛 I think it's a great job as it is tbh!

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1