IGNORED

SDX Question

TGB1718

I'm trying to use the FT.COM utility on the utilities disk for SDX, but when I try to use it I get:-

D5:\ACTION>FT *.ACT LSH

Symbol U_PATH

154 Symbol not defined

I've had this with some other utility programs too, anyone know why/the resolution

EDX is another:-

D7:\UTILS\FILEUTIL>EDX

Symbol _RAWCON

154 Symbol not defined

17 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

D5:\ACTION>FT *.ACT LSH

Symbol U_PATH

154 Symbol not defined

Too old SDX version. The U_PATH function was introduced as of 4.49f.

17 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

EDX is another:-

D7:\UTILS\FILEUTIL>EDX

Symbol _RAWCON

154 Symbol not defined

The program requires a screen driver like S_VBXE.SYS (if there's VBXE) or RC_GR8.SYS (if not).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drac030 said:

Too old SDX version. The U_PATH function was introduced as of 4.49f.

Thanks, just checked and mine is 4.49e, not flashed in a while

2 hours ago, drac030 said:

The program requires a screen driver like S_VBXE.SYS (if there's VBXE) or RC_GR8.SYS (if not).

No VBXE on mine, will have a look for the other one, thanks again

I downloaded the latest SDX, but can't find any instructions to flash it, so I tried the UFLASH.XEX

that I would normally use to upgrade from @flashjazzcat, but it says it can't find the U1M (this is in Altirra) as I

always test there before trying on real hardware.

I've not seen UFLASH do that before, when I boot I get the normal U1M boot screen etc. I have

SIDE3 installed too and everything works as normal, except UFLASH doesn't seem to detect the U1M.

21 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

I downloaded the latest SDX, but can't find any instructions to flash it, so I tried the UFLASH.XEX

that I would normally use to upgrade from @flashjazzcat, but it says it can't find the U1M (this is in Altirra) as I

always test there before trying on real hardware.

I've not seen UFLASH do that before, when I boot I get the normal U1M boot screen etc. I have

SIDE3 installed too and everything works as normal, except UFLASH doesn't seem to detect the U1M.

The flasher from DLT just needs to be launched via the mounted ATR, and you can run said ATR from the SD card if you want. You can use UFLASH with the ROM image instead, but make sure SDX is enabled in the U1MB settings and that the PBI HDD is turned on. Failure to do this can result in UFLASH finding no U1MB ROM (since UFLASH can't guess what other ROM-bearing devices might be in the way in the same address space).

1 hour ago, flashjazzcat said:

The flasher from DLT just needs to be launched via the mounted ATR, and you can run said ATR from the SD card if you want. You can use UFLASH with the ROM image instead, but make sure SDX is enabled in the U1MB settings and that the PBI HDD is turned on. Failure to do this can result in UFLASH finding no U1MB ROM (since UFLASH can't guess what other ROM-bearing devices might be in the way in the same address space).

I have the firmware.atr from your last U1M release, I thought I would run that as I've used it before.

I have it mounted as D3: (D1: and D2: are emulating 1050's so can't mount it there)

SDX is enabled in the U1M as is PBI, not changed anything in my day to day settings.

Everything runs normally, I have access to all my partitions and programs, so seems strange

it can't detect it.

On D3:

Volume:    ULTIMATE
Directory: MAIN

PLUGINS      <DIR>  24-01-23 14:19
FIRMWARE ROM  65536 24-01-23 14:19
SDXUL192 ROM 196608 24-01-23 14:19
SDXUL320 ROM 327680 24-01-23 14:19
U1MBS3   ROM 524288 24-01-23 14:19
UFLASH   XEX  23929 24-01-23 14:19
ULTIMATE ROM 524288 24-01-23 14:19
ULTNOGOS ROM 524288 24-01-23 14:19
U1MBS3FW ROM  65536 24-01-23 14:19

The following screens show what I get when I run UFLASH.XEX

and select U1M manually

image.thumb.png.57e16dd4ef556817ba1174db08338126.png

image.thumb.png.dcc05018d1a0e2edec4ac54fec90b8d9.png

image.thumb.png.7f9048998d6810c4f9c39a5e7bcb6fa3.png

You've either got the wrong PBI BIOS or plugin installed, or - if you have the right firmware components - you haven't turned on the PBI HDD (which is subordinate to 'the PBI'). You have a ROM in the way, and when UFLASH hits the U1MB SDX banking register to flip ROM on and off, it's finding that it can't do so. More useful screenshots would be of the first, third and sixth pages of the U1MB setup menu.

Edited by flashjazzcat

1 hour ago, flashjazzcat said:

You have a ROM in the way, and when UFLASH hits the U1MB SDX banking register to flip ROM on and off, it's finding that it can't do so.

Ok, I go to the back of the class, totally forgot I had the ACTION! cart attached, it's one of those things with Altirra, you remove

a cart, but the next time you boot it's still there, mine doesn't go into ACTION! unless I type CAR, so was completely unaware

it was still attached, I'll remember for next time, as usual, you are a star 🌟

On 9/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, TGB1718 said:

Ok, I go to the back of the class, totally forgot I had the ACTION! cart attached, it's one of those things with Altirra, you remove

a cart, but the next time you boot it's still there, mine doesn't go into ACTION! unless I type CAR, so was completely unaware

it was still attached, I'll remember for next time, as usual, you are a star 🌟

He's also living in the future having released the UFLASH in Jan. 23, 2024.  (Or maybe that's what I get for living in the USA)