IGNORED

Save Mary in 2600+

Dano312

So excited to see this game released and set to run on 2600+

But when I saw the 500 game run silver box addition at new games pricing, I melting into a pile of disappointment. I'm hoping for a normal release version that us poor folk can enjoy. If I were to buy this edition, I'd put it somewhere and never open it as a collector release. I just can't justify either option. Not play, or pay premium and open it destroying its sealed value. Come on guys ☹️

• Like 1

I'm not really that knowledgeable about what power these new issued games have. The original 2600 was pretty strong, but never really fully let to show that. Restrictions with RF too. 7800 had more power and could play 2600 carts too. These mew release have improvements galore. Sound was poor on both old consoles.

The 2600+ can really shine with everything.

Oh my! I think they've kinda lost there wallet minds. But I'm only wowed at t Save Mary. I think I'd really love this in the 30 dollar range, grudgingly buy it at 40, but 59? I can't. Not many will want one game for the whole test of their days. This is an appeal to release a standard version in my world pricing. At the only 500 made silver box, I could, but I don't have 20 years to wait for this to become someone's auction item. I do love Atari. And am an advocate of the potential of the plus console. Even 7800 games are 🥶🤯

11 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

Dang, it already sold out.

Yep.  My first thought was "well this is cool..."  but are they only releasing those 500, or is there another "not catering to collectors" edition gonna happen?   If this is it, then I'll go back to not giving a crap what they do.   A very small release at premium pricing sends the message of "we don't really care about the game... we're just aiming to woo the collector." 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep.  My first thought was "well this is cool..."  but are they only releasing those 500, or is there another "not catering to collectors" edition gonna happen?   If this is it, then I'll go back to not giving a crap what they do.   A very small release at premium pricing sends the message of "we don't really care about the game... we're just aiming to woo the collector." 

Funny- that's how I feel about Porsche (and others)- if they truly were about the joy of driving- etc- they would sell as many as they could build....and stop the price point gouging.

There is no reason whatsoever a base 911 should be $115k

I must disagree on the shame of re-releasing of $2 games. This "is" just what the whole Atari collection needs. When these old games came out we had RF connection and some really rushed releases. 100s maybe. But Atari and new fresh minds can recreate these carts. Basically remastered.

New hdmi, New sound and effects/affects. Like a 100lb weakling hitting the gym and showing of the new him. On the contrary. Great new ways to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

Funny- that's how I feel about Porsche (and others)- if they truly were about the joy of driving- etc- they would sell as many as they could build....and stop the price point gouging.

There is no reason whatsoever a base 911 should be $115k

Yep, crappy treatment all around.    

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 5:48 AM, T.A.P. said:

Dang, it already sold out.

Sold out, and the rest of the "collectors" carts from their shop are "USA Exclusive". I preordered an Atari 2600+, but sometimes I feel like cancelling this preorder when I see here Atari wants to do nothing for people outside USA

Edited by scelbi8h

I'm not sure if it's something you'd be interested in, but you can also play Save Mary on the Nintendo Switch or the PlayStation Vita via the Atari Flashback Classics collection.  (The Switch version can be had for ~$20.)  The game's also available on PS4 and Xbox One via Atari Flashback Classics vol. 1.  (There were three volumes / games released, and all three were combined into a single game for the Switch and the Vita.)  Failing all of that, every Atari Flashback plug-and-play device features the game except the very first model.  (Wikipedia has an excellent breakdown of which games are included on each device.)

• Like 2