IGNORED

P COVOX v2 Install

mmoec

Hello 

I recently re-flashed my PokeyMax to the Stereo+U1MB version in order to control the stereo/mono switch from the U1MB BIOS, but this version doesn’t include COVOX, so I installed this P COVOX v2 device I had lying around, but admittedly I can’t detect any noticeable change in the sound quality. My question would be, is there a way to check if this device is actually activated? When I run the Pokeycfg it tells my I have no COVOX, but I think this program is checking the PokeyMax itself and not the machine (I could be wrong about this). As always, any input is appreciated.

Thanks, and happy Friday! 

https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=192

1 hour ago, foft said:

Pokeymax can only detect its own covox. If you have another covox installed then it’s easiest to play a tune using it. Note that you need to set the address to D600 for p-covox and D280 for pokeymax covox:

http://www.64kib.com/pokeymax_files/software/demos/xl_digital.atr

Thanks, I actually set the address to D700 because the instructions said D600 or D700 (pins 9,10 = D6, pin 7 = D7), and the only tunes I have access to rn are themes from games (Hardball!, Dark Chambers, Alternate Reality The City, etc…) and I can’t really detect any change 🤷‍♂️.