IGNORED

The Wait for PS Portal is Killing Me

Cobra Strike Down

Pre-ordered this the moment it went live and glad I did. I tried doing the whole Asus Ally thing, but the atrocious battery life, massive amount of heat it let off and the simple fact that Windows sucks ass and constantly gave the poor unit more problems than it should have, had me yearning for an option like this.

Anyone else pre-order it? I was initially hesitant about the streaming, but apparently the lag is the same as the wireless connection of a Dual Sense controller, so essentially non-detectable to a normal person. And I don't plan on taking this outside the house, so having to rely on some distant connection isn't a problem for me. Just will be something nice to be able to play while hanging out with the wife in the den.

• 4 weeks later...

I did. Hated it. Selling tonight to someone. Was a big fanboy for this. I have gigabyte internet, plugged in yatta yatta. Plays so framey and inconsistently got motion sickness for the first time in my life playing a game. And I’ve played a lot of vr with no problems. When the camera swung around in rocket league, that’s what started making me feel sick. 

• Sad 2