IGNORED

Ikari Warriors Red box

Hi all,

I'm sure somebody will have the answer here , so I have a sealed red box copy of Ikari warriors for the 2600 however my copy has no yellow NEW banner across the bottom left corner and every other copy I see up for sell does , could anybody shine any light on that for me.

Thanks in advance.

Darren.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:37 PM, MrMehargey said:

Hi all,

I'm sure somebody will have the answer here , so I have a sealed red box copy of Ikari warriors for the 2600 however my copy has no yellow NEW banner across the bottom left corner and every other copy I see up for sell does , could anybody shine any light on that for me.

Thanks in advance.

Darren.

It was not NEW anymore.

8)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

who knew Ikari Warriors was one of the most varied redbox games, my guess is besides PAL/NTSC is like, apparently for some sources the release date is up in the air, copyright says 1989,1990 whilst my copy of an Atari Sales doccument from 1990-91 does not mention the game and Wikipedia's list of 2600 games/Atari Archive says Ikari Warriors released in March 1991 somewhat supported by their source of CES 1991   so perhaps since it was a seemingly limited distribution throughout the VERY EARLY 90's many variants of Ikari were released to those via Mail Order or whatever video store was willing to carry Atari Games in the 90's...