IGNORED

7800 build quality strikes again

marauder666

I'm not sure how this happened, but its from factory, no work had been done before on this one.

I don't think the console had been used much as it still ran a 7800 cart, if it had been used no doubt that pin would have been bent and the console most likely thrown out long before it arrived in my hands.

Console has been sent by a forum member for a video upgrade, the board is only the second one I've seen of this revision, good quality pcb and solder.

Parts are exactly the same and approximate age as a PAL 7800 I've got which doesnt run my Harmony cart, this one doesnt either.  So that's good ??!?? At least its consistent.

P1100293.JPG

P1100294.JPG

P1100295.JPG

I've honestly not seen anything like that on any of the 7800s I've serviced. That is pretty glaring and I'm not sure how that even passed QC? But as you said, if it was still running 7800 games okay, then I guess inspectors just popped in the test carts and if they ran, just let them go through. They likely couldn't see the pin under the sleeve either so wouldn't have had a reason to suspect anything.

But yeah...just YIKES! And I thought the crazy long leads left in place on many of the NTSC machines was bad?