IGNORED

Star Castle Arcade does not work on Harmony Encore

BIGHMW

It worked fine on my old Flashback 9 but when I tried her on my 2600 Jr when she had the RF and while using the RF-to-HDMI converter she immediately went into the snow picture (crashed)

I then got an a/v-modded 2600 Jr. and tried her on it, and, it too, failed, it seized up.

How can this be??? Everything else, maybe possibly with the exception of Berzerk - Voice Enhanced (snows out/seizes during voice mode) works just fine.

I am including the ROMs to both to see if Fred @batari can come up with a fix for this.

Berzerk.bin Star Castle Arcade.bin

34 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Thanks! I bookmarked the link and I'll be trying all of your games out on my 2600 Jr.

Awesome - which A/V mod did you get?  How is the picture?  I have a couple 2600s back when I was picking them up for $5 a pop, but all of them are RF only.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Awesome - which A/V mod did you get?  How is the picture?  I have a couple 2600s back when I was picking them up for $5 a pop, but all of them are RF only.

It was a TRRS jack mod, the pic looks SO much better than the RF does although I am currently using it straight to my Insignia TV's composite a/v jacks as I do not have an a/v-to-HDMI converter quite yet but yes it's much better when you don't have all of those artifacts or buzzing that RF is so infamous for.

Minutes after I got my a/v-modded 2600 Jr. in on Tuesday I bought last week on eBay, I swapped its circuit board with the one in my short rainbow version (it was RF) and now I have a terrific unit that I should've had in the first place, and as for the picture issue on it and also my 2600 adapter on my 5200, it was not any unit or adapter-related issue it turned out to be a faulty harmony Encore and I have to thank @batari Fred for being so open to a straight exchange and that did the trick!!!

Here is the a/v-modded 2600 Jr I bought for the sum of her parts (sans outer shell of the console):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335051923657

...and my short rainbow 2600 Jr, I bought out of Toronto earlier on that was just the console itself without any accessories:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314757191159

• Thanks 1