IGNORED

Crack'ed on ST?

DracIsBack

I was playing 7800 CRACK'ED this weekend, and I could have sworn I also remembered seeing an Atari ST version of this game. Does anyone know if it exists.

Crack'ed is a pretty unremarkable game - amusing for a few minutes but not something to addict you in the slightest. The graphics are ok (I like the underwater level the best), the gameplay repetitive and the ROOSTER RANCH bonus screen is rather irritating.

Yeah - just found an interview with him here:

http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/stgraveya...ig/RobCraig.htm

I just had a look at the 2600 version on your site: quite an ambitious effort, though I'm not sure I quite agree with your suggestion that the 2600 version looks "almost as good as the 7800 version". :wink: That underwater level in the 7800 edition is QUITE nice.

Yeah - just found an interview with him here:

http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/stgraveya...ig/RobCraig.htm

I just had a look at the 2600 version on your site: quite an ambitious effort, though I'm not sure I quite agree with your suggestion that the 2600 version looks "almost as good as the 7800 version".  :wink: That underwater level in the 7800 edition is QUITE nice.

That was a good interview. Here's an interesting portion:

4)  "Crack'ed" has a history on Atari computers. For which systems did you create this game?

I tried my best to talk them out of it, but they insisted on a 2600 and 7800 version as well. “Crack’ed” was a mouse game, fer chrissakes. Executives! Those versions tanked.

It makes a lot of sense when he put it in that light. Crack'ed seems like it would work a lot better with the mouse than with a joystick.

If he is doing Internet games now, then perhaps he could revive Crack'ed as a Java or Flash game. It would be a fun diversion, like many of the games on Yahoo! Games or Zone.com.

That's cool to know about the original mouse control idea but I always hear people crying that it should've have included lightgun support on the 2600/7800 versions.  That would've been a good workaround :)

I thought that you could use the light gun on the 7800 version....... :?

Wow!

Now I feel bad about bitching about that game... with a mouse, that would be a fantastic game! It all makes sense now (except of course the decision to implement it on the 2600/7800)...

However, I bet in the "good old days" of cost-inefficient Warner Atari, they would have made it a mouse game and packaged it with an Atari mouse... or maybe not. Who knows?

Cheers!

Joey