IGNORED

Xonox double-ender: Artillery Duel WORKING - Spike's Peak NOT WORKING

chad5200

This is listed on the Atari+ Game Compatibility List as UNTESTED.

Artillery Duel works fine.

However, Spike's Peak does not work.  The game will load and it looks OK at first.  Even plays the little starting tune.  But there is no joystick functionality (tried both Left and Right ports).  You can hit Reset and it will play the starting tune again... but still, joystick not working.

(I confirmed Spike's Peak works properly on a real original 2600 with joystick in Left port.  And yes, I did clean the contacts.)

It is interesting to note that the Atari+ Game Compatibility List has the single-ender Spike's Peak listed as PASS.  I wonder if they tried actually playing the game?  Or maybe the ROM is different between the single-ender and the double-ender?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chad5200 said:

However, Spike's Peak does not work.  The game will load and it looks OK at first.  Even plays the little starting tune.  But there is no joystick functionality (tried both Left and Right ports).  You can hit Reset and it will play the starting tune again... but still, joystick not working.

(I confirmed Spike's Peak works properly on a real original 2600 with joystick in Left port.  And yes, I did clean the contacts.)

It is interesting to note that the Atari+ Game Compatibility List has the single-ender Spike's Peak listed as PASS.  I wonder if they tried actually playing the game?  Or maybe the ROM is different between the single-ender and the double-ender?

I have a Xonox double ender with Ghost Manor and Spike's Peak.

Ghost Manor works.

Spike's Peak does the same as the OP; it loads fine but the joystick does nothing.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 1:00 PM, chad5200 said:

For what it's worth, I see the exact same behavior on my 2600+ from Spike's Peak on my working-on-original-hardware Artillery Duel/Spikes Peak double-ender.