IGNORED

Paddles won't work!!HELP!!

GameDork

I bought a 2600 Jr. off of eBay.The joystick seems to work perfect but when I try to play my Kaboom I can't get the bombs to release or the buckets to move.

I plugged the stick in and when I push the button the bombs will fall.(of course the buckets won't move though)I took the paddle back to Game Xchange and "Xchanged" it for another but all I get is the same.What is it?

If you tried two different sets of paddles it is probly the pinouts on the system. Look at where the paddle plug into the system and make sure none of the pins are bent over. And if it is the paddle I restore all of the paddles I get off of ebay. When they jitter, all you need to do is take the potentiometer apart and clean the little brass contacts inside. It isn't too involved but you cant do it too many times or the little metal pins holding the pot together will break off. I have fixed about 6 or 7 sets of paddles this way and they are all still working strong.

Holy Crap!!Just looked and yes they are driving paddles!I guess I will make another trip back.Thanks

Yeah Rob,I live in good ole' Cleveland!

Keep the DCs too, AFAIK they are more rare than paddles and there are a few games that play much better using them. ;)

boy that sure looks like a shite controlller. I was thinking more along the lines of my sansei :-)

I think along the lines of the Starplex 5 button controller.

GameDork .. Keep the Driving Controller!! You gotta play Indy 500 with it! And there are other homebrew games that use it .. including Vectrex games!

The paddle controllers come as two wired to one plug.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

(grew up in Chatta-boogie!)

Holy Crap!!Just looked and yes they are driving paddles!I guess I will make another trip back.Thanks

Yeah Rob,I live in good ole' Cleveland!

Keep the DCs too, AFAIK they are more rare than paddles and there are a few games that play much better using them. ;)

Whoa...that's inconspicuous! :)

If only Tbird could be so subtle :ponder: j/k