IGNORED

Games listed as Untested on Game Compatibility List

chad5200

My review video a few weeks back showed Artillery Duel single ender working as well.   I think that there needs to be a formal process in which the community can test and report games working or not.    There are many people reporting games working and I do not know how that information is collected.   Thoughts?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swlovinist said:

My review video a few weeks back showed Artillery Duel single ender working as well.   I think that there needs to be a formal process in which the community can test and report games working or not.    There are many people reporting games working and I do not know how that information is collected.   Thoughts?

Yeah I agree. There are a lot of people (plenty of youtube vids do this too) just popping a cart in once or twice and saying 'hey this doesn't work'. The cart port on the 2600+ is *very* picky, it's taken me sometimes multiple tries/cleanings to get something to work (although weirdly once it does, it stays working). At minimum, the cart should be cleaned before being tested and a couple of other people confirm that yeah, there's an issue with that cart. So far, for me (as I am going through and testing stuff), the carts that I have tried/cleaned multiple times that do not work are:

1. Rescue Terra 1: launches and crashes the same way every time.

2. Time pilot (and most Coleco games I have tested): Does not work

3. Spikes Peak: Loads but immediately freezes (single ender). Other Xonox stuff seems to work fine, even rarer stuff like Sir Lancelot

4. All of the CBS 'Ram Plus' carts don't work that I have tried, I assume because of the extra chip.

So far, all the Atari, Activision, Imagic, Fox, Tigervision, and Telesys carts I've tested all play fine, but I am by no means going through each library. Just playing them as the mood strikes. 

• Like 1