IGNORED

SD card not recognized on Atari Gamestation Pro

runner2019

Hi,

I got an Atari gamestation pro a couple of weeks ago. It's great but I'd like to use it mostly to play a lot of games from my SD card. I've formatted it a few times already but it's never recognized by the system. I've formatted it in FAT32, all combinations for allocation blocks possible. Also exFAT (just in case it worked) but nothing. I've used "Guiformat" and "SD card formatter". Also windows formatting. The SD card is a 16GB Sandisk which works fine elsewhere. No need to say I've also created the "games" and "states" folders in the root. Any ideas?

A quick update from my last post. I have managed to get the SD card recognized based on the general advice posted by GenXGrownUp on his YouTube channel (video for reference below). There was also some additional information:

• Some users have reported that their GSP prefers the "games" folder to be capitalized as "Games". If one doesn't work for you, try the other.
  • If your SD card is not cooperating, try reformatting it as exFAT.

The only different thing I did was set the cluster size on the SD card to default and the SD card is now visible (I do not know if this was what sorted the problem but I thought I should mention it in case it helped others).

You can now setup a folder structure on the SD Card instead of dumping a massive blob of games on it. Now it's working as advertised, the GSP is a pretty decent emulator, however, there needs to be clear guidance on provisioning an SD card as for many this could be a very frustrating deal breaker. A good example of this is the joystick shortcut to access the SD card. By pressing Home and Start buttons (on the joystick) at the same time, you will get access to the SD card.

Hope this helps someone.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I can confirm I had the same issue and reformatting to "exfat" and setting size to "default" allowed the GSP to see the SD card. Foolishly I didn't try them one at a time so I'm not actually sure which change was responsible for fixing the issue. Thanks!