IGNORED

9 Pin Connector is Deeper on 2600+ Hardware

superchooch

While playing Video Olympics using my original CX30 paddles, I noticed the button occasionally doesn't work.   When I touched the connector to make sure it was fully plugged in, I noticed it was a little "wobbly" and when I wiggled it back and forth, I noticed that it was not getting a good connection and that was the cause of the the button not working occasionally.  Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the connection for the 9 pin connector on the new 2600+ CX40 joystick is deeper than both an original CX40 or CX30.  (I don't have a new CX30 to compare to yet).   Not sure if it means much of anything but thought it was interesting.  I assume they make it deeper to improve the connection.  

Original HW on the right, new 2600+ HW on the left.  

IMG_3477.thumb.jpeg.c09a642c2d433df2b65aae41c9b7e746.jpegIMG_3478.thumb.jpeg.3d37a2b8468cf946f6fb4d83d5c1a2ac.jpeg

While I have your attention, any ideas on how to improve the connection on my original CX30?  When searching the forum, the preponderance of the discussion seems to be about issues with the potentiometer vs a poor 9 pin connection.  

Edited by superchooch
typo