IGNORED

32 in 1 - Change games with 2600+ ?

Juansinlau

I've tested a 32-in-1-cartridge on the 2600+. It loads and I can play the 1st game ("UFO"), but I can't switch to any of the other games.

The original manual states to "toogle the ON/OFF switch between the ON and OFF positions", but that only restarts the console with the 1st game appearing again.

Any clues?

Many people have previously tried the 32 in 1 (myself included) and it works wonderfully, most likely you are turning the console off and on too quickly, although this is normal in the original console, in the 2600+ it is advisable to wait a few 3 seconds after turning off to turn on again.
Try it again and tell me if that works for you.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Glorkbot said:

Changing the dip-switches and reinserting doesn’t work? Or is this a multi-cart without dipswitches?

No DIP-switches.  With the 2600+ you just leave the power on and momentarily pull the 32-in-1 cart out and reinsert it and it should start the next game.  Works fine.  Mostly.

• Like 1

You can definitely change games without turning the 2600+ off and on with the power switch. Just take the cart out briefly, slot it back in while powered on and it’ll load the next game :)

Depends if you prefer wear and tear on the power switch or the cart slot :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:12 AM, Slider271 said:

You can definitely change games without turning the 2600+ off and on with the power switch. Just take the cart out briefly, slot it back in while powered on and it’ll load the next game :)

Depends if you prefer wear and tear on the power switch or the cart slot :D 

I would like to add a third way: Just pull the usb cable out of the usb power adapter and replug it in. It's the best solution concerning lifetime of the 2600+ hardware. But I have to admit that it depends on your distance to the power source.

• Like 2