IGNORED

Clean your Carts

tradyblix

On the 7800 and plus, no, as the plastic pin is to open the dust door and most those systems lack them. Older 2600 consoles have dust flaps, but I think its internally all one piece, so as long as your cart still has one pin, it should still open the dust flap.

What, did you get a cart with a broken pin or something?

17 hours ago, Microjak said:

I would love to see a collaboration with https://www.decksaver.com/ ,they make fantastic quality covers for synths, decks etc.Ive used them many times and have always been impressed with the quality and fit.

They are a UK based company so maybe Ben could get in touch?

The 2600+ already comes with a plastic cover, but due to the clumsy placement of connectors, it cannot be used when cables are connected. IMHO that could have been thought through better.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pseudografx said:

The 2600+ already comes with a plastic cover, but due to the clumsy placement of connectors, it cannot be used when cables are connected. IMHO that could have been thought through better.

Yes I think the included cover is ok for now but the decksavers are a much thicker semi rigid plastic that are also more snug fitting and they allow for cable/lead connection during the design process.

9 hours ago, pseudografx said:

It sits well enough to cover the slot, but I’d like some kind of classy fabric with an Atari logo - embroidery would be even sexier 😁

On 2/18/2024 at 9:32 PM, pseudografx said:

was it meant to be a dust cover  or is it meant to protect it against scratches and dings during shipping?  

24 minutes ago, BillDMatt said:

was it meant to be a dust cover  or is it meant to protect it against scratches and dings during shipping?  

It doesn’t have notches for power/HDMI cables, so probably safe to say it’s protective, however it’s sturdy enough I’m using it like a dust cover. Given I don’t keep it plugged in normally the cover sits nicely. I’m replacing my 5-port HDMI switch with a 7-port, however so that will change, but as long as the cart port is covered I don’t mind if it’s raised in the back 😉