IGNORED

Garage Sale Score

rolenta

A friend called me today to tell me that he picked up several cartridges at a garage sale today for only $4. It turned out that he had about a dozen cartridges, the rarest being Spikes Peak/Ghost Manor. Then he looked in the boox and said that there was also an Atari system in the box. I asked him if there were four switches or six. He looked and said four. Then I asked him if the console was all black or woodgrain. He said it was all black. Then he looked in the box again and said that there was another all-black console in it.

When I got home the box was waiting for me outside my house. The Darth Vader was the only Atari 2600 that I hadn't had yet!

I've only found Atari stuff at 1 garage sale..and I hit garage sales pretty often. The one I found was for a boxed 2600 with maybe 20 games, all commons and he wanted over $500 for it. I tried explaining it wasn't worth 1/2 that, but he said he had already checked on ebay. :roll:

I've NEVER found anything at garage sales. The closest I've come is some crappy common NES games for $2 each. Then again I live in a mostly newer (well as of 10 years ago anyway) neighborhood so its doubtful anyone would have kept their Atari when they moved in (probably ditched it well before then).

Tempest

The atari 2600 I have now is a system my mom purchased at a yard sale and sent me for my birthday. It included 4 atari joysticks, 2 gemstick joysticks, 2 sets of paddles, atari keypad, a whole bunch of manuals, the registration/warrenty stuff for the 2600, some atari catalogs, and about 40 games. I'm sure she didn't pay much for it, because she's a professional when it comes to yard sales =). I've told her to keep her eye open for more stuff since she goes to yard sales every weekend.

Definately a good 'starter' set =)