IGNORED

7800 controller issue on the 2600+

Magpieboy

I've been doing cleaning and testing of some the Atari games that I bought recently, to use on the 2600+. I just tested the 7800 version of Dark Chambers, the game works fine, but I'm having an issue with the controller that I bought. The D-pad works fine, but the buttons don't work at all. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it. I had look inside and everything seems fine, it looks pretty clean and nothing seems broken. The one I purchased is in the picture below.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 200722.png

I’ve seen other folk on here noting hopes about a planned re-issue of that controller because it’s hard to find working ones in the secondary market. You’d likely need to take that controller apart to confirm contact adhesives weren’t broken down (a problem that affects old remote controls) and if low-grade wiring was used (something that happens with cheap cables of all kinds) it could be that the wiring is corroded.

Given you say the d-pad works it might just be the button contacts, so someone on the forum might be able to offer a solution, but having had issues with aging remote control contact adhesives breaking down in the past, the only fix I could find was buying a new one I’m afraid…

https://retrogameboyz.com/search?q=7800

Your problems will be at an end. They aren't perfect, but they are adequate until a CX78+ is released (you can keep your new pro line if you're doing that) 

Chat with the guy first, tell him you want a 7800 controller with 2 buttons with wood grain for 2600+ and he'll hook you up. 

Edited by tradyblix

13 hours ago, Magpieboy said:

I've been doing cleaning and testing of some the Atari games that I bought recently, to use on the 2600+. I just tested the 7800 version of Dark Chambers, the game works fine, but I'm having an issue with the controller that I bought. The D-pad works fine, but the buttons don't work at all. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix for it. I had look inside and everything seems fine, it looks pretty clean and nothing seems broken. The one I purchased is in the picture below.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 200722.png

Mine did work and are pain to use.

Get a Mega7800 plus an 8bitdo Retro receiver and connect via Bluetooth what ever you want🤔