IGNORED

Cool new stuff is afoot for the new FW!

-^CrossBow^-

I along with many don't really care for the default look of Tower Toppler through the 2600+. Well, take a peak at this...

Not 100% perfect but this is a far better than the striped mess it looked before through HDMI output. This is separate testing FW with a composite filter added for Tower Toppler. So many cool changes coming folks just hold out a bit longer!

• Like 14

Excellent!

Is this in response to the discussion we were having about this a couple days ago on this forum?  If so, that’s amazing!

what about Jinks?  Does that look better in the parts that used color artifacting?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Excellent!

Is this in response to the discussion we were having about this a couple days ago on this forum?  If so, that’s amazing!

what about Jinks?  Does that look better in the parts that used color artifacting?

Im sure the conversation might have had something to do with it. But it wasn't a secret that TT looked pretty bad on anything higher than composite video output. I've known this for a decade pretty much. It has only been recently with things like the 7800GD and adding in the chroma timing fix on UAV composite output where you could get closer to what was intended to be seen. 

I've been told to stress that is is alpha FW being tested and in fact it doesn't even have all of the changes for the 2600 stuff that the rest of you guys have been playing with. So a lot of this is to see what will be needed and can be possibly added going forward.

• Like 3

Nebulus, published by Hewson in 1987, I think its the name of the submarine and its a British game, it was big hit on the C64... :) why it had a name change in the US god only knows, Nebulus is a better name then Tower Topper.

Edited by Spanner