IGNORED

Homebrew WIP - Flippets

Hi everyone,

I've been working on developing my programming skills, and with each new milestone, I strive to apply what I've learned to create a new game. This time was no different. My challenge was to create a one-line kernel with beautiful graphics for a simple and fun game under 4kb. I'm not sure if I achieved what I aimed for, but at least the game is almost done.

I present to you Flippets:

In a distant land, concealed within the mystical forests of the north, there exists a magical place known as the Mushroom Grove. In this enchanted realm, dwell the adorable Flippets, small green beings who serve as the guardians of the forest's secrets.

One day, the Flippets decided to create an intriguing game to test their skills against each other. This game involved a special formation where all the Flippets stood aligned, except for one who turned away from the others. This small challenge became a fun tradition among the Flippets, known as "Find Me."

The player takes on the role of a fearless Flippet explorer, embarking on an exciting journey to locate the Flippet who chose to turn their back to the group. Do you have the dexterity and keen insight required to find the intrepid Flippet? The Mushroom Grove awaits you, filled with mysteries and unparalleled fun!

The idea of the game is to find the Flippet that is turned away from the others in a grid of 36 of them. To do this, the player needs to move the cursor below the Flippet and press the red button.

In the first level, the player needs to find 5 Flippets sequentially within a total time of 50 seconds, which is relatively easy. In the second level, the Flippets start blinking, increasing the difficulty. In the third level, the mischievous Flippets change positions, so be careful not to make a mistake. Besides losing 5 points, you'll also lose 3 seconds from the clock. In the fourth level, they not only change positions but also blink. After that comes a bonus level, and everything repeats.

Scoring:

Found Flippet: 10 points
Wrong selection: -5 points and -3 seconds on the clock
At the end of the level, the remaining time is converted into points.
In the bonus level:
2 identical Flippets: 20 points
3 identical Flippets: 90 points

The DEMO has 7 levels to reach the end.

There will be a 2-player mode, where the player who finds 50 Flippets first wins.

The game is in the final debugging stage and we hope to release it soon.

Have fun!

flippets_demo.asm_dbg_f0ea9cc7.png.6870439247c3d57e725ee5eb23f587e6.png flippets_demo.asm_dbg_f0eacaef.png.e918a6caf8ac94904790318866936535.png flippets_demo.asm_dbg_f0ec0a72.png.2eb975b4c3ca339593ff747edb776529.png

flippets_demo_001.bin

Play Online

Edited by Leonardo Santiago
  • Like 12