IGNORED

Mines of Minos WR falls!

RCorcoran

Tonight, after three (3) months of practice, I was able to finally beat the game! Below is a screenshot of the final/end game board showing defeat of the enemy robots.

rtc_mines_vcs_12_11450.jpg

I have several more pics showing progression thru the game including going from 9950 to 10040, and beyond.

Sorry Todd... ;)

Tonight, after three (3) months of practice, I was able to finally beat the game!  Below is a screenshot of the final/end game board showing defeat of the enemy robots.

Ouch.. you've spoiled the end for me!! :D ;) :D

Congratulations Ron on another great achievement.. how long was the game?

Regards,

Rasty.-

To complete the game, it took me about 40 minutes. After level 2 flooded, it got a bit hairy. I actually ended up spending most of my time between level 3 and 4 collecting robot parts. I'm not sure how much higher the score can go as you really don't have a great deal of time once the mines start flooding. I'm sure someone (more than likely Todd) will push the score upper-limits higher by figuring out a way to maximize level 5 of the mines. I didn't even mess with level 5, other than to go directly after the objective. I probably could've squeezed a few more points out of it. :)

Hi there!

Congrats on your new WR!!!

Yeeeeeha!!!!

Look mom, I'm on top of the world! :D :) :D :) :D :)

Well played!

Thanks! Wow. A one year mission is over now :)

(BTW: Did I do anything wrong with my ID? The "Score Details" and "Scores for Player" pages seem a little messed up.)

Greetings,

Manuel

(BTW: Did I do anything wrong with my ID? The "Score Details" and "Scores for Player" pages seem a little messed up.)

If you're referring to the section:

SCORE PERCENTILE: 1e-09%

Yes, this is a mistake. I'll take a look at the dBase and your account to see why this is happening. Typically this happens when the account creation process gets corrupted... At least it shows your name and your score. ;)

Hi there!

If you're referring to the section:

SCORE PERCENTILE:  1e-09%

That and that it says "Scores for ( , , )" when clicking on my name.

Yes, this is a mistake.  I'll take a look at the dBase and your account to see why this is happening.  Typically this happens when the account creation process gets corrupted...  At least it shows your name and your score.   ;)

Uihja. I'm doomed. Nothing in the Internet ever works for me on the first try... Thanks in advance for trying to solve that!

BTW: How does TG treat equal scores? Will the older one stay on top? Or is the #1 spot shared then? Alphabetical? Or does the *better* verification method count?

The current architecture of the dBase is alpha sorted by player name when equal scores exist. I would like to see it age based to give "a higher degree of credit" to the person that achieved the score first. However, since a good many records were lost in the fire in the late 80's, we do not have accurate dates on alot of scores. Hence, the alpha sort. Not perfect, but better than guessing... :)

Yeah, it sorts on your first name, so I get in with a "d" instead of a "y". This is one of the first times in my life I don't have to be last!! Anyway, I like this alpha sort. It eliminates arguments over when the score was achieved versus when it was verified, etc. :) I could see myself being in the thick of quite a few of those type arguments. :ponder: :wink:

David (and others):

Please give this title a try. I'd love to see the upper bound of score that can be achieved. I don't think my 11,450 is as high as it can possibly go. Todd has already stated he will give it another try to see if 15k is possible... Come on folks, let's push this one up there. :D

Hi there!

Yeah, it sorts on your first name, so I get in with a "d" instead of a "y".  This is one of the first times in my life I don't have to be last!!  Anyway, I like this alpha sort.  It eliminates arguments over when the score was achieved versus when it was verified, etc. :)   I could see myself being in the thick of quite a few of those type arguments. :ponder:  :wink:

Ah, first name. Cool. So I can claim the #1 spot with submitting 999.999 points in Crackpots. If it was sorted by the last name, I'd lose it on the 3rd digit :D

Greetings,

Manuel