IGNORED

Eli's Ladder

yobuckz

Hi, I just played the strangest game of my life called eli's ladder. It was one of the worst video games I've ever played. Anyways, I have never heard of it does anybody know about this game?

Ya, that game sucks.. But before you throw it away, let me give you $2 for it.

=)

Never mind I just checked you are right ;)

It was Music Machine that was only sold in Christian Bookstores. I bought Eli's Ladder new and I certainly didn't get it in a Christian Bookstore (I think I either got it frlom Hollywood Take-Out or direct from Simage). Anyway, Eli's Ladder is a counting game for children; it has nothing to do with anything about religion.

It was Music Machine that was only sold in Christian Bookstores. I bought Eli's Ladder new and I certainly didn't get it in a Christian Bookstore (I think I either got it frlom Hollywood Take-Out or direct from Simage). Anyway, Eli's Ladder is a counting game for children; it has nothing to do with anything about religion.

You might be right, I think everyone assumed since Eli's Ladder sounds like the biblical story of Jacob's ladder that it had to be a Christian game like Music Machine, but the manual doesn't really push the Christian story at all. Maybe this page needs to be updated?

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...wareLabelID=161

You might be right, I think everyone assumed since Eli's Ladder sounds like the biblical story of Jacob's ladder that it had to be a Christian game like Music Machine, but the manual doesn't really push the Christian story at all.  Maybe this page needs to be updated?

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html?SoftwareLabelID=161

Yes. The description is definitely wrong. In this game, Eli is a creature from another planet and his ladder leads to the entrance of his spaceship!

Waitaminute!  You're really saying GOD is from another planet, and we have to find this alien to get to the spaceship?!

Eli doesn't have to be found. The math problems have to be solved to climb the ladder and enter the ship. The game also came with a wall chart and stickers so kids could display their progress.

My, oh my, why on God's green earth would anyone dish out $1K for a children's counting game. This brings to mind a certain saying that might be appropriate: "Hi, my name is ____, and I am an addict." :ponder:

....then again maybe I'd do that too if I had bags of money just laying around.

I think the answer to why this was only sold in religious bookstores, even if it's not overly religious (who says Music Machine is either for that matter, it doesn't look it in emulation) is simple:

It's such a fat piece of #%#! educational piece of #%@! craptacular-assed game that only a schmuck with an old Atari 2600 who only buys stuff FROM religious bookstores would buy this for their kid/nephew/cousin/grandson/etc thinking it would be "good" at all. If this was sold at conventional retail, nobody would ever buy it.

I think the answer to why this was only sold in religious bookstores, even if it's not overly religious (who says Music Machine is either for that matter, it doesn't look it in emulation) is simple:

It's such a fat piece of #%#! educational piece of #%@! craptacular-assed game that only a schmuck with an old Atari 2600 who only buys stuff FROM religious bookstores would buy this for their kid/nephew/cousin/grandson/etc thinking it would be "good" at all.  If this was sold at conventional retail, nobody would ever buy it.

That's not entirely true. Basic Math and Math Gran Prix obviously sold in large numbers and they are just as simplistically craptacular as Eli's Ladder. Simage may have been an educational warehouse and may have tried to push this game in the educator's supplies market which would explain it's rarity.

That's not entirely true.  Basic Math and Math Gran Prix obviously sold in large numbers and they are just as simplistically craptacular as Eli's Ladder.  Simage may have been an educational warehouse and may have tried to push this game in the educator's supplies market which would explain it's rarity.

I can't fault the logic. It's not like one can envision any school stocking up on hoards of Atari VCS and cheap color TV's for kids to play Eli's Ladder and Math Gran Prix (especially if they're try to sneak in REAL games from home to play instead). Those schools were much more likely to buy Apple II's and green monochrome monitors instead. So if this was sold to educators, it would be just as rare as in religious bookstores. I just never questioned the description in the AA database nor did I have reason to before now.