IGNORED

Any updates on HSW's Yars sequel?

bikeguychicago

In November of 2022, HSW told us (in person) that he was working on a “true sequel” to Yar’s Revenge. (and received a big round of applause afterwards)

And here we are, over a year later, with zero info.

I find it fascinating how most Homebrew authors here are able to churn out multiple games over relatively short periods of time, with constant updates of pics & info; but yet the so called “rock stars” (ex-Activision, ex-Atari, etc.) disappear for years on end and never provide so much as an update.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Supergun said:

In November of 2022, HSW told us (in person) that he was working on a “true sequel” to Yar’s Revenge. (and received a big round of applause afterwards)

And here we are, over a year later, with zero info.

I find it fascinating how most Homebrew authors here are able to churn out multiple games over relatively short periods of time, with constant updates of pics & info; but yet the so called “rock stars” (ex-Activision, ex-Atari, etc.) disappear for years on end and never provide so much as an update.

You do understand that Yars is an Atari property, right? Howard Scott Warshaw has to play by Atari's rules. We have no idea what has caused the delay, but it very well could be completely out of Howard Scott Warshaw's hands.

Fair enough. I’ll pull back a bit and agree then that HSW doesn’t deserve the same level of criticism as the ex-Activision crew. (and it’s only been a year versus three years)

But I will double down on another observation that this raises. Our independent Homebrew authors have enjoyed far more freedoms and far less restrictions over the past years than those who work with “corporations”. So I guess this spoiled us to a degree.

I did hear a small update a month back. As I recall, a person who talked to Howard Scott Warshaw said Warshaw told him Atari was not letting him reveal anything right now. Now there is no way to verify what was said, but he did mention the working title, which I am not sure has been released yet.

• Like 1