IGNORED

question for video with the atari

bookaa

ok so i got my hands on a atari 2600 from my father about a week ago and wanted to start setting it up and playing games like adventure and stuff as i have tons of games that came with it. ive been looking at videos and trying to figure out what i need to buy but before i start spending money and wasting time i just figured to just ask. i saw alot of videos using a old vcr and was wondering if there was a way to have something that does the job but smaller as that would be ridiculos otherwise i also know i need a upscaler for 1080p and the rf to coax converter but is there anything out there that does it all without the wires everywhere or anything like that thats smaller

All you really need is a Coaxial to RCA adaptor and you can plug it into the port on the back of your TV: 

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42

Works even on my 4k OLED tv. It'll be a bit fuzzy looking but it gets the job done.

(Your question really isn't about the Atari 2600+...it's about the original, right?)

Edited by Glorkbot
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 1:18 PM, bookaa said:

ok so i got my hands on a atari 2600 from my father about a week ago and wanted to start setting it up and playing games like adventure and stuff as i have tons of games that came with it. ive been looking at videos and trying to figure out what i need to buy but before i start spending money and wasting time i just figured to just ask. i saw alot of videos using a old vcr and was wondering if there was a way to have something that does the job but smaller as that would be ridiculos otherwise i also know i need a upscaler for 1080p and the rf to coax converter but is there anything out there that does it all without the wires everywhere or anything like that thats smaller

I'm not really in the market for such a device, but it sounds like you want something like this.

They were previously discussed on AtariAge.  And in the reviews on amazon.ca.