IGNORED

question about the 2800

exhar

didn't find much around the net about this console, then i came to this forum. read around, but some things i'm not quite sure of.

what's the average prize set on a 2800 (no box and manuals)? what's that about a 'white sticker'..? and finally, i read somewhere around here something about "that's five that have been spotted" or something like that. is the 2800 really -that- rare?

i'm curious because i found and bought one (just the console and two pads) at a local flea market without really knowing much about it. five bucks, if anyone cares to believe that.

it hardly sold in japan..
Of course, that was to be expected since it was released just a few short months befor ehte Famicom hit the shelves. It had no time to carve a market out before it was decimated by unarguably superior hardware.

I paid nearly £200 for mine on eBay... why so much? It's the only one I've ever seen on eBay.co.uk and I've seen very few on eBay.com.

They _are_ rare, but they're not _hugely_ rare.

Of course I like them too because they have Atari written on them (which I like! Shallow, I know!) and have funky features like the little red lights on the difficulty levels, and the four joystick ports and joystick/paddle combo controllers.

I know, the Sears one is much cheaper, but I prefer the look of the Atari. It's permanently set up here at work next to the PC for emergency Atari sessions. :)