IGNORED

Why No Bard's Tale for the Atari 8-bits?

Tempest

It is possible to mix hires (gr. 8 ) and GTIA graphics (GR. 9, 10 or 11) on a scanline, but the hires has to be on the left hand side.

Not fully correct. You can have gr.8/gr.9/gr.15 side a side.

Could you two explain how to do this? I have been curious about this possibility, and someone mentioned that they had seen it done, but I have not yet seen any information on how to do it. Thanks in advance!

Michael Rideout

1028132[/snapback]

Check my game :

http://atari.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3810

It's somehow a bug. When changing midline (by DLI) to a gtia mode and back, the hires is gone and gtia displays the 4 colour mode.

Why would the picture HAVE to be on the right side of the screen? What possible restrictions could there be from putting the graphic window anywhere you want on the Atari version?!?

If you look closely, there is NO mode change in the C64 version, the graphic and text window both use normal 4 color graphics. No "hires next to lores". Only the colors are different, but that can be done on Atari too (with PM overlay or color splitting).

I asked inXile about the license, but it seems they missed the point what I have asked them.

---------------------

Here:

Hello Bostjan,

Unfortunately there is no information available regarding future releases of any version of The Bard's Tale. However, if you are interested in the classic Bard's Tale games, all three of them been bundled with latest release of The Bard's Tale for the PC. I hope this is of help and we appreciate your interest in our products.

Kind regards,

Shonnon Gourley

Office Assistant

inXile entertainment

I asked inXile about the license, but it seems they missed the point what I have asked them.

---------------------

Here:

Hello Bostjan,

Unfortunately there is no information available regarding future releases of any version of The Bard's Tale. However, if you are interested in the classic Bard's Tale games, all three of them been bundled with latest release of The Bard's Tale for the PC. I hope this is of help and we appreciate your interest in our products.

Kind regards,

Shonnon Gourley

Office Assistant

inXile entertainment

1028499[/snapback]

Oh man, did you see the PC version of Bards Tale though? It really sucked vacuum hard compared to the Atari/Amiga versions! :-(

• Like 1