IGNORED

Chip's Challenge is now on the eShop...

DavidD

It looks like a fairly bare bones Lynx emulator, running the game.  It does offer save states and is only $3...

The description mentions "left and right handed controls", but I'm not sure if it supports "flipping" the screen.  The emulator only appears to support a few Lynx buttons...

• Like 1

The publisher for the Switch version is Pixel Games UK.  They're the same people behind the Steam release which includes various ports of Chip's Challenge.  I wonder if this means we'll see the other versions show up on Switch as well.  That'd be a great deal at $3!  The Steam version runs $25 and rarely goes on sale.

@Radio F Software

I'm not sure if you're aware but the Windows version is available for free through Steam.  There's also a sequel available as well as a 3D spiritual successor.

11 hours ago, KainXavier said:

The publisher for the Switch version is Pixel Games UK.  They're the same people behind the Steam release which includes various ports of Chip's Challenge.  I wonder if this means we'll see the other versions show up on Switch as well.  That'd be a great deal at $3!  The Steam version runs $25 and rarely goes on sale.

@Radio F Software

I'm not sure if you're aware but the Windows version is available for free through Steam.  There's also a sequel available as well as a 3D spiritual successor.

I actually have Chip 1&2 + Chuck's Challenge in my Steam library. I just tend to buy the same game multiple times just to have it on various platforms, lol.

Though I swear I paid for Chip's Challenge 1 on Steam when it first launched... 🤔

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 2:01 PM, Radio F Software said:

I actually have Chip 1&2 + Chuck's Challenge in my Steam library. I just tend to buy the same game multiple times just to have it on various platforms, lol.

Though I swear I paid for Chip's Challenge 1 on Steam when it first launched... 🤔

I think I did too.  I could have sworn 1 and 2 were sold in a bundle at one point.

So, this is interesting...

The game's menu has a RESTART option -- choosing it essentially sends an OPTION 1 keypress to the emulator.  (If you hold down PAUSE and choose the option, the game returns to the title screen.)

Option 2 isn't emulated at all, as far as I can tell, which means you can't toggle the music... nor can you flip the screen.

• 5 months later...