IGNORED

Good games for the Starplex controller

RangerG

I just got a Starplex controller from an Ebay win and I have enjoyed playing Space Invaders, Asteroids, and Phoenix. This is the joystick that uses buttons for right, left, up, fire, and hyperspace. The joystick is much smaller than I thought (I thought it was more like one of those Fire Command box sticks), but it a smooth, nice controller with the all-important woodgrain :). Any other suggestions for good games to play with the Starplex from those who have this controller ?? Also, did anyone figure out what the battery compartment is for?

Thanks!

RG

Any other suggestions for good games to play with the Starplex from those who have this controller ?? Also, did anyone figure out what the battery compartment is for?

I think the battery would be for the auto-fire option (the picture here labels it as Astroblast), although that's just a guess.

Other good games would be: Gravitar (a must-have!), Galaxian, Demon Attack, David's Midnight Magic, Space War, Combat, etc. Anything with similar controls will do the trick.

The funny thing about the Starpex is that they put so much effort into making a battery compartment .. when they could have used a +5v line from the console instead!

The Starplex is a five button controller setup like an Arcade Asteroids control console!

Starplex works with all Asteroids/ Gravitar/ Thrust/ Space War games! What I call LRTF/LRHTF games!

It also works with all Death From Above games like Space Invaders, Galaxian, Megamania, etc.

With circuit adapters it will work with a variety of classic consoles including: O2, Astrocade, Atari 8 bits, Atari 5200, Intellivision, and the Vectrex!

The Starplex rocks with the Vectrex (Minestorm, Gravitrex, Space Wars, Star Castle, YASI!).

NOTE: I wore out the fire button on my Starplex controller. It was binding and not popping up. I took the switch out .. and apart .. cleaning did not restore the spring up. Finally I modified it by removing a small amount of plastic .. and it now works great!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA