IGNORED

Tony - Born for adventure

On 5/29/2024 at 8:46 PM, woj said:

Well, there is this:

The only unclear thing to me is that the video description suggests it's downloadable, but I do not think it is and it seems like this one is going to be physical only release.

@popmilo Game looks incredible, mate...

Your soft sprite engine is on another level...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Steril707 said:

@popmilo Game looks incredible, mate...

Your soft sprite engine is on another level...

I would say It's ok ;)

Nothing special about it really. Just multiple different routines for different sprite movement and sizes. Some are masked, some just eored in out, some simple lda+sta.
Gonna make better sprite routines next time :)

• Like 2

Sorry if this is covered before, but having just seen ZPH's mention of the release of the physical boxed version, I navigated to this page:

https://retronics.eu/?a=cat&id=11&l=en

image.thumb.png.1d569a62a1909f32846cd975754f595f.png

Interesting that the cart version can also come with the digital version on the pendrive (usb stick). At such a small amount extra, I think I'll just get the 48E version to have both the cart and digital versions.

One thing I am a little confused about is, rather like say The Last Squadron, or Attack of the Pescii robots, there was an option to download a digtial version, (just a download), for those who either didn't want a boxed version (or couldn't afford it). It seems a shame there isn't a 4th purchase option here with Tony, to just pay a small amount (I dunno, say 10E), for a digital download only.

Anyways, will be putting an order in for the full boxed cart/pendrive version this weekend. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Well just paid my 48 Euro's plus 14 Euro postage to the UK for my boxed cart/pendrive copy.

Looking forward to it as it has a nice load of extras:

image.thumb.png.2dd8bf8fa62a862657caab008e7f8a91.png

Me too!

Cannot wait 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Well just paid my 48 Euro's plus 14 Euro postage to the UK for my boxed cart/pendrive copy.

I ordered this as well but couldn't wait for it to arrive so I also purchased the digital version. The game is fun and challenging. If anyone figures out how to get it to work on MiSTer please let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TwiliteZoner said:

I ordered this as well but couldn't wait for it to arrive so I also purchased the digital version. The game is fun and challenging. If anyone figures out how to get it to work on MiSTer please let me know. 

i may do the same and support the developers even more. I hope more games are to come. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TwiliteZoner said:

Thanks for the support :)
And if you can tell me what issues there are with mister ?
I thought it could just work similar to atari400 mini etc ?

23 minutes ago, popmilo said:

V1.1. is up on Itch.io with fixed missing "spacebar to change main color".
Enjoy !

Great, and well done for finishing the game for a release. Great job.

For the standalone digital downloads I can see these updates are easy for those who have paid as I can just download the latest version using the unique url Itch.io gives the buyer at the time of purchase.

However, how does it work for those who have bought the boxed cart versions which are sealed? Presumably the boxed versions have the v 1.0 with the missing spacebar bug?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Great, and well done for finishing the game for a release. Great job.

For the standalone digital downloads I can see these updates are easy for those who have paid as I can just download the latest version using the unique url Itch.io gives the buyer at the time of purchase.

However, how does it work for those who have bought the boxed cart versions which are sealed? Presumably the boxed versions have the v 1.0 with the missing spacebar bug?

I think there's a itch.io key or something like that included with boxed versions... Or something like that :)
I wouldn't worry, everybody will be able to get updated versions one or the other way....

I just saw gameplay video of both the Atari and C64 versions, and to me the movement of the sprites is much more smooth and fluid on the Atari.  I would have expected the C64 coder to take advantage of the C64's hardware sprites, but that doesn't appear to be the case and the Atari softsprites look smoother as they move around the screen.  (Unless the comparative chunkiness of the C64 version was just due to the video capture).

8 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Same here ! :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, popmilo said:

I think there's a itch.io key or something like that included with boxed versions... Or something like that :)
I wouldn't worry, everybody will be able to get updated versions one or the other way....

Thanks, but I am still a little confused here. For those people who have bought the boxed cart only version which is sealed in the box with presumably the v1. 0 version with the space bar bug, I am curious... how would they update their cart to v1.1 for example? 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, popmilo said:

V1.1. is up on Itch.io with fixed missing "spacebar to change main color".
Enjoy !

@Jacques  just seen your post over on Atarionline.pl about this. Download the latest v1. 1 and you'll be able to change the background colour using the space bar. :)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Jacques  just seen your post over on Atarionline.pl about this. Download the latest v1. 1 and you'll be able to change the background colour using the space bar. :)

There's v1.2 on itch.io already ;)
START key to skip comic part and jump into game right from start. Enjoy! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, popmilo said:

Thanks for the support :)
And if you can tell me what issues there are with mister ?
I thought it could just work similar to atari400 mini etc ?

Here are some screenshots. I have tried a few different boot files.

image.thumb.jpeg.08ab4b7a3edb012c24e794c12c3997e3.jpegIMG_2089.thumb.JPG.1c6fa98cb6e5aba34e10e9a81ad7f5d3.JPG

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, TwiliteZoner said:

Here are some screenshots. I have tried a few different boot files

This is the same kind of thing that happens in Mikie, according to @foft it has something to do with writing to unused by Atari, but used by the FPGA core parts of the ANTIC register.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woj said:

This is the same kind of thing that happens in Mikie, according to @foft it has something to do with writing to unused by Atari, but used by the FPGA core parts of the ANTIC register.

Thanks for that. I can stop trying different boot files now. :)