IGNORED

Tony - Born for adventure

Congrats on this release. I love BW graphic, especialy so well pixelated :) Finally hero jumps with proper gravity included. Ingame music fits it very nicely. BTW, judging this engine the obvious question comes to mind - How far is from here to Rick? :)

I wonder if anyone consider to create atr (full version), just for oldboys gamers?  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, woj said:

This is the same kind of thing that happens in Mikie, according to @foft it has something to do with writing to unused by Atari, but used by the FPGA core parts of the ANTIC register.

Can you point me where did he say that ?
Maybe writing to bank select register for Sic! cart....

11 minutes ago, popmilo said:

Can you point me where did he say that ?
Maybe writing to bank select register for Sic! cart....

Here: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/362961-regular-pokey-in-fpga/?do=findComment&comment=5479487

Here you can find some postings about DMACTL: http://www.64kib.com/redmine/search?utf8=✓&scope=&q=dmactl

This one seems particularly matching: EclaireXL Feature #3 (New): High resolution antic support

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DjayBee said:

Thanks, I'll check what value I put in dmactl, could be I mistakenly set unused bits :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, popmilo said:

Thanks, I'll check what value I put in dmactl, could be I mistakenly set unused bits :)

Thanks to @TwiliteZoner bug on Mister is fixed :)
It was one extra bit set (for no good reason, probably mistake when copy pasting old code...).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, popmilo said:

Thanks to @TwiliteZoner bug on Mister is fixed :)
It was one extra bit set (for no good reason, probably mistake when copy pasting old code...).

while this is good for the program, if it works on real hardware, mister needs fixing too, so it's win win. Both things can be fixed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just had time to play 10mins on real hardware (64k 600xl) using my old zip stick joystick.

The control of your character Tony is bang on with this game. So quick and fluid. Some platformers can be very frustrating in the control and collision detection aspects, whereas this has the right level of control, speed, and accuracy. It really feels like it's been fine tuned. Plays so much better with a joystick on real hardware than on the keyboard in an emulator. It also plays like a 16bit platformer.

The attention to detail and animation is so impressive. Honestly it's such a great platformer. Will hopefully have some more time this weekend to give it a good session between hardware projects. 

Kudos to all involved. I hear sequels are planned which is great news. 

Who knows, perhaps we'll get a monochrome sonic or rayman sometime?! ;)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Just had time to play 10mins on real hardware (64k 600xl) using my old zip stick joystick.

The control of your character Tony is bang on with this game. So quick and fluid. Some platformers can be very frustrating in the control and collision detection aspects, whereas this has the right level of control, speed, and accuracy. It really feels like it's been fine tuned. Plays so much better with a joystick on real hardware than on the keyboard in an emulator. It also plays like a 16bit platformer.

Thank you for playing it :)

I did aim to make it as good as I can... 9 months of testing almost each day made it better for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, popmilo said:

Thank you for playing it :)

I did aim to make it as good as I can... 9 months of testing almost each day made it better for sure.

It shows... amazing effort and result. I look forward to more games with such high production values. Wish this had come out in the early 90s. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1