IGNORED

Food Fight Culinary Combat Tournament info- Atari 7800 Reviews and junk

Cousin Vinnie

On the Atari Network podcast Friday at 7:30PM EST, Jon and I will spell out whatchagottado to get into the Food Fight Culinary Combat tournament we are hosting on 2/17/2024. You can win a boxed Gravitar game, a wireless Atari controller from Commotron, autographed DVDs and more!

Also, we have some new 7800 reviews and cheat codes up on the www.atari7800forever.com site. Delta Space Arena, Plutos, and the incredibly interesting Harpy's Curse:

New Atari 7800/ Atari VCS review!
Harpy's Curse is up in the hizzy! Check it out, butts! #atari #atarivcs
#atari7800

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 5:52 PM, Cousin Vinnie said:

Harpy's Curse is up in the hizzy!

Awesome review, thank you!

I will admit this version *does* actually use POKEY - this is my first try with it.  Some earlier versions have a TIA music track, but I decided to give the POKEY a try for this one.  The ROM is a *little* bigger, but still within the specs of some games that were released during the 7800's commercial era, so I don't think I'm cheating too much.

Also, the map *does* only show half of the game - although it's a complete experience (a final boss, ending, etc.)  You can unlock a secret second quest (much harder than the first) if you find the right area...so if you feel the game is too short, or too easy, there's a quite a bit more of the game to play if you look hard enough...😁

I still don't know why folks find default starting attack odd, birds of prey generally don't punch or shoot stuff :) - When they want to attack or eat something, they usually fly above their target and do this:

Osprey Swoop | Birds of prey, Pet birds, Birds

Once again, awesome review - you give a good tour and description.  I also appreciated you showing how to get the controls set up on the VCS so you don't reset with the press of a button.

Thanks for playing!   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1