IGNORED

[Question] 4 in 1 Game Cartridge with Paddle Pack Atari 2600+

Draugr

Can someone who has purchased this item before tell me if their copy was sealed in shrinkwrap or had tape such as those common circle shaped stickers that keep the box lids closed and show if the box was opened previously by seeing the tape cut or removed?

I'm asking because I just got my order in the mail and both the top and bottom of the box was wide open with the cartridge floating around loosely in the shipping bag. From what I'm seeing I'm wondering if this was a return that they then reshipped to me as brand new. I've never bought anything from an online store that wasn't sealed or at the least had the lids sealed by tape, etc... 

John.

14 minutes ago, Draugr said:

Can someone who has purchased this item before tell me if their copy was sealed in shrinkwrap or had tape such as those common circle shaped stickers that keep the box lids closed and show if the box was opened previously by seeing the tape cut or removed?

I'm asking because I just got my order in the mail and both the top and bottom of the box was wide open with the cartridge floating around loosely in the shipping bag. From what I'm seeing I'm wondering if this was a return that they then reshipped to me as brand new. I've never bought anything from an online store that wasn't sealed or at the least had the lids sealed by tape, etc... 

John.

It was sealed, no tape.

21 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

Mine had circle tape pad on the top lid only. The bottom one was not secured in any way.

My box was the same way - circle tape only on the top lid, not shrink wrapped. Contents were secured. I actually opened it from the bottom. The paddle cables looked properly coiled and wire-tied.

Edited by radiohead

I filed a return for mine. I'm not going to take any chances. Paddles were always very touchy, I don't want to take a chance that they may have some issue and were previously returned only to be repackaged and sold again.

Thanks everyone for your input. 

8 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

It was sealed, no tape.

Okay I feel old now. Had to rewatch my unboxing video after the circle tape reference jogged something and yes, same here, no shrink wrap and circle tape on the top. Can’t see how the cart would get out, but you said “shipping bag” which makes me think it wasn’t packaged appropriately.

2 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

Okay I feel old now. Had to rewatch my unboxing video after the circle tape reference jogged something and yes, same here, no shrink wrap and circle tape on the top. Can’t see how the cart would get out, but you said “shipping bag” which makes me think it wasn’t packaged appropriately.

@Sean_1970 There was no tape on the top or bottom lid so nothing holding the actual game/paddle box closed. It may have opened during shipping, but again both ends weren't secured by anything shrinkwrap or tape so they could easily open. That is why I think my copy was a previous return. If there was at least tape on the box then I may have thought the cheap shipping bag (not a shipping box) may have caused a lid to force open, but it was really easy to open both the top and bottom lid when there was nothing holding them closed. So with both lids having opened the cart just fell out of the box and was swimming loosely in the shipping bag. :(

2 hours ago, Draugr said:

@Sean_1970 There was no tape on the top or bottom lid so nothing holding the actual game/paddle box closed. It may have opened during shipping, but again both ends weren't secured by anything shrinkwrap or tape so they could easily open. That is why I think my copy was a previous return. If there was at least tape on the box then I may have thought the cheap shipping bag (not a shipping box) may have caused a lid to force open, but it was really easy to open both the top and bottom lid when there was nothing holding them closed. So with both lids having opened the cart just fell out of the box and was swimming loosely in the shipping bag. :(

That’s pretty pants. No way the sticker would just come off either - I’m struggling to remove it so much in my video one of the comments was that I should use a knife for unboxing 😂

I bought 2 (no option for standalone at the time) both were sealed on top with a circular clear tape about an inch across. No seal on the bottom. No shrink wrap or anything either, just the disc piece of tape.

Ill see about a pic later, one is still sealed (till a friend visits and we can try two play marble craze, or four player warlords or something)

• 1 month later...

What version of Canyon Bomber is in the cartridge included?

There was only the NTSC version of Canyon Bomber available.

Will that 4in1 paddle cartridge also work on normal Atari 2600.

I think it's only playable for 2600+ and Canyon Bomber is in NTSC.

2600+ doesn't care about NTSC and PAL and gives it out digitally via HDMI.