IGNORED

New Famicom (AV) Composite looks just fine to me!

As someone who's RGB modded a CRT, played with scalers, etc. I was quick to jump down the rabbit hole of "I need to RGB mod" my new-to-me Famicom AV. Then I plugged in composite into the CRT and realized it looked great just as-is. As I understand it, there's no native RGB in this PPU and non of the games were written in the RGB color space anway. The Famicom/NES games were all designed with Composite and Dithering in mind which is why some will argue it's just better to leave the NES/Famicom as-is. I do notice a considerable better picture quality out of the New Famicom composite vs my VCR NES, most likely due to the modulation for RF.. Anyways I'm new here and just being chatty, curious what your thoughts are on the New Famicom composite. :)

• Like 3

Finally the voice of reason.  It's like do the best you can on the system to support it natively, or don't dick around, and step up in cost, lose the light gun support unfortunately and HDMI mod the damn thing already to get it looking like an emulator etc modern solutions would do.  Another that looks very fine is the PCEngine, never felt a need to tinker with that when I had one last a few years ago because as is over some RCA cables it was a beauty on a modern panel.

• Like 4