IGNORED

Help Beating Spike's Peak

intvgene

Okay, I know that this is not everyone's favorite game, but I love it, especially with Ghost Manor in the same double-ender cart.

However, I can't seem to beat the game on the highest difficulty setting. I never have enough temperature to survive the peak. And when I die, I start over at the bottom of the mountain again. Any hints or strategy would be appreciated.

I used to have this game, and could beat it every time...

First screen, there are several 'boxes' scattered along the path. These are caves. The only way to avoid the eagle is to duck into the caves by pushing down. Jump to exit.

That's all I remember for now. Will update as events warrant.

I loved this game and beat my head against it until I beat it, and had a lot of fun doing it, but I haven't played it since. very challenging. Love that thunder castle avatar. I -LOVE- schubert's unfinished no. 8. (and I -LOVE- thunder castle. Another game I pounded against until I had seen all the levels. I loved the animated between level pictures.

I used to have this game, and could beat it every time...

First screen, there are several 'boxes' scattered along the  path.  These are caves.  The only way to avoid the eagle is to duck into the caves by pushing down.  Jump to  exit.

That's all I remember for now.  Will update as events warrant.

The problem is that there is better than 50% chance that the eagle will nail you even before you can duck into the first cave...or that the first cave contains a bear (and you don't have enough time to reach the second before the eagle appears), right from the start. If that happens, just reset and try again.

I recall it was a pattern which must be followed precisely, trial and error much like the latter levels of Bump'N'Jump. 18 years ago I could beat it every time but I just tried again and got nowhere with it. I'd work on it again for the next couple weeks but the game really isn't that fun.

I guess most people don't like this game nearly as much as I do.

I love how the game fakes the 3-d feel. There are caves to hide from the bear and the eagle on the first board, and then the third board is allows you to climb up the mountain face or to move horizontally like in a traditional platformer.

Plus, there's no health, only temperature to account for. And, I also like how they penalize you by taking away score (getting hit by falling snow, etc). I think it has a few interesting elements. Give it a try again, but make sure you know what you're doing.

And, if anyone beats it on the highest difficulty, let me know how you did it.