IGNORED

PLAN B: Escape Earth - FULL GAME

Mike_at_AEI

I will make a prototype buy of Carts from Atari Age this month (June 2024).  If they work fine,  I'll let you all know and you can order them directly from me
I am also working on a deal to have them available at Freeplay in Florida this November.  These will be a special fully boxed release.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

If they updated the 2600+ to play DPC games, it will work.
Definitely plays on a harmony cart in my Atari 2600.

The latest Dumper (version X.01) supports DPC+. I tested a couple of DPC+ games (e.g. Space Rocks & Stay Frosty 2) and they work just fine.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 11:40 PM, Mike_at_AEI said:

I am also working on a deal to have them available at Freeplay in Florida this November.  These will be a special fully boxed release.

I will be at Free Play Florida this year. Look forward to the boxed release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just so I understand, it sounds like there will be three separate physical versions of this game:

1.) cart only directly from Artisan Games via Facebook/email correspondence

2.) special boxed set available at Free Play Florida

3.) Future AtariAge boxed set in planning stages

Is this correct?  Are there any pictures/scans of the cart and Free Play box?

Here is a picture of the cart from Artisan Retro Games (me).  It also comes with a color laser-printed manual
image.thumb.jpeg.96b775b5d9f09a64211c35085188f3a0.jpeg

Freeplay will have unique label and box art, but the same actual binary (game program). I do not yet have that art to share.

Atari Age (hoping to start that release before the end of the year) will have the same cartridge and  printed manual in a new box (not yet designed, but borrowing for the cartridge art for sure).  I will try to work out a deal to sell boxes to those that already bought the cartridge direct

I have started to work on the sequel game:  A New Earth.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

Here is a picture of the cart from Artisan Retro Games (me).  It also comes with a color laser-printed manual
image.thumb.jpeg.96b775b5d9f09a64211c35085188f3a0.jpeg

Freeplay will have unique label and box art, but the same actual binary (game program). I do not yet have that art to share.

Atari Age (hoping to start that release before the end of the year) will have the same cartridge and  printed manual in a new box (not yet designed, but borrowing for the cartridge art for sure).  I will try to work out a deal to sell boxes to those that already bought the cartridge direct

I have started to work on the sequel game:  A New Earth.  :)

Oh wow! I love that label art! It feels Retro yet not, in the best possible way! Some HB releases art feels a little off for being on an ATARI cart imo, but this is nailing the blend of Modern and Reto! Nice job!

Edited by Striker667xbl
comma

Thanks! 

That's the art I think of when I think Atari 2600.  Glad it came across as I had hoped.
I like to use the original font and text layout to make it look like it came out in 1980.

I have to tell you, it was a childhood dream to make my own Atari cartridge, and I was thrilled when it actually happened!

Mike@ARG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike_at_AEI said:

Thanks! 

That's the art I think of when I think Atari 2600.  Glad it came across as I had hoped.
I like to use the original font and text layout to make it look like it came out in 1980.

I have to tell you, it was a childhood dream to make my own Atari cartridge, and I was thrilled when it actually happened!

Mike@ARG

Well.. you completely nailed it! Truly! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game is absolutely brilliant and fun, also very well programmed, it looks more like an 8-bit computer game than our beloved 2600, I discovered it today and I have not stopped playing, I'm having a lot of fun. If it had been sold at the time it would have been a mega sales hit for sure.

Congratulations @Mike_at_AEI!, I'm now finishing my first game in Batari Basic and now I feel very inspired to release “Invasion” and continue developing many more games for this great community.😁👾🕹️

On 9/28/2024 at 6:20 PM, Koji Kabuto said:

This game is absolutely brilliant and fun, also very well programmed, it looks more like an 8-bit computer game than our beloved 2600, I discovered it today and I have not stopped playing, I'm having a lot of fun. If it had been sold at the time it would have been a mega sales hit for sure.

Congratulations @Mike_at_AEI!, I'm now finishing my first game in Batari Basic and now I feel very inspired to release “Invasion” and continue developing many more games for this great community.😁👾🕹️

Glad you are enjoying it.  I plan to release in on Atari Age soon and it will be available in Cart form at Freeplay Florida in November this year.  Also personally just made a run of carts for some folks that ordered on my FB page.

BTW. just started coding the sequel. Plan B: New Earth...humanity has travelled across the galaxy to find a new place to live, but are they welcome on this new world?