IGNORED

Jaguar with ribbon cable a toggle switch mod - any ideas?

Beeblebrox

I've got this on the way, where it has a few mods. 

A toggle switch at the front, and ribbon cable emerging the the casing. 

These are the only pics I have whilst it's on it's way to me. 

First impressions are that the toggle switch may be a 50/60hz toggle mode. But the ribbon cable out the back I've no clue about. 

Any thoughts? 

It was sold as untested so unsure it it works. Taking a bit of a gamble. :)

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, neo_rg said:

Looks like a dev Jag with either a reset switch or 50/60hz switch. 

Cool. If a Dev system, and there are no issues with function/it's not broken, hypothetically it should work as a normal jaguar?  Or would the mods to make is a dev machine mean it requires missing hardware that plugs into the ribbon cablie connector?

It is coming with an original Atari mains psu, (UK as I am UK based) so I am hoping it won't have suffered the notorious reverse polarity power regulator chip frying. I have fixed a good few Jags with that so if that happens to be an issue I can fix that.

I will look up more info on modded Jaguar dev systems. 

36 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Cool. If a Dev system, and there are no issues with function/it's not broken, hypothetically it should work as a normal jaguar?  Or would the mods to make is a dev machine mean it requires missing hardware that plugs into the ribbon cablie connector?

Dev systems work with regular carts as well, they just have a different startup screen (you need to press a button on the controller to start the cart, IIRC).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zerosquare said:

Dev systems work with regular carts as well, they just have a different startup screen (you need to press a button on the controller to start the cart, IIRC).

found this where it seems a bit more involved to get it to load carts:

https://www.oocities.org/s_h_3/atari/jagdev/jagdev.htm

This is the Jaguar dvelopment machine itself - it's a PAL unit. It has the developer ROM inside & a small lead coming from the right hand side of the back, but other than that it's just the same as a regular Jag... well almost! Read on!

This is a (fairly poor!) photo of what is displayed when the machine is switched on - try inserting a cart & nothing will happen! See the cable coming from the rear of the Jag in the top picture? That is used to connect to the ROMulator, commonly known as the 'Alpine board' which itself sits in the cartridge port.

OK, the above is supposed to be a representation of the socket on the cable... to get a cart to load on one of these machines connect a 1k Ohm resistor between pins 4 & 5 & you are half way there... now, insert cart & hold down B on the Jag Pad when you switch on - now the game will load. Hold down C instead of B if the game is stored on a Flash ROM...

Below is the front & back of a Jag EPROM cart, 4x4 Meg with sockets (uses 27C4000D EPROMS).

• Like 1