IGNORED

Incompatible games list?

deepthaw

So I did my own digging to try and figure out what determines if a game is/isn't compatible with Harmony. Looks like it's the 32KB of flash ram on the microcontroller - I'm guessing that's where the entire ROM needs to be loaded in order to have fast enough access.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:26 AM, deepthaw said:

So I did my own digging to try and figure out what determines if a game is/isn't compatible with Harmony. Looks like it's the 32KB of flash ram on the microcontroller - I'm guessing that's where the entire ROM needs to be loaded in order to have fast enough access.

This topic is about Harmony Encore, which has more than 512k of memory for games, so it can support games much larger than 32k.

The standard Harmony has 32k, so you may have found that info (or it was older info, before Harmony Encore was released in 2014.)

So this means that if you have a Harmony Encore, it will support nearly every game released, including Penult (since it was specifically mentioned.)

There are a few demos out there that it doesn't support, but the only released games I am aware of that you can't play on Harmony Encore are two newer Champ games. However, I am working on upgrades so people will be able to play those games. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon on these upgrades.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, batari said:

This topic is about Harmony Encore, which has more than 512k of memory for games, so it can support games much larger than 32k.

The standard Harmony has 32k, so you may have found that info (or it was older info, before Harmony Encore was released in 2014.)

So this means that if you have a Harmony Encore, it will support nearly every game released, including Penult (since it was specifically mentioned.)

There are a few demos out there that it doesn't support, but the only released games I am aware of that you can't play on Harmony Encore are two newer Champ games. However, I am working on upgrades so people will be able to play those games. Hopefully there will be an announcement soon on these upgrades.

Very neat. I think I know the two you're talking about - not too interested in the racer, but the Elevator Action remake looks very neat. Would this be a firmware update or one of the expansion pieces you posted about earlier?

• 1 month later...
On 19/2/2024 at 13:58, Prizrak said:

Harmony debería ejecutar todo excepto los juegos Champ Turbo y Elevator Agent, tal vez las nuevas demostraciones de ACE en PlusCart. Quizás juegos de 64k como Penult. Alguien con más conocimientos intervendrá.

champ games comenta que las ROMs Tubo y Elevator agent, son superior a 32K, y los cartuchos Harmony solo soportan 32K o menos, es por eso que harmony no puede correr esos juegos.