IGNORED

JagFest 2024 coming June 28-29 in Rochester, MN

Songbird

This is awesome, and I'm glad I snagged a ticket.  I've been a huge fan of the Lynx and Jaguar since they were new, but I never made it to the original Jagfests...at least, not until they morphed into the Midwest Gaming Classic.  I can't wait for this!  It will be good to meet other Atari fans, and finally do some Lynx and Jag multiplayer.

• Like 3

On 2/19/2024 at 3:53 PM, Songbird said:

We are planning to record some portions of the event, and will make those available to attendees and virtual supporters. More details coming in the next few weeks as we figure out what kind of equipment we have and what we can reasonably do. :)

Do you need help with games, consoles, TVs, etc for the event?  I have can bring some stuff up if you need.

Absolutely! We can coordinate more when it gets closer, but if people want to set up their own consoles + TVs, there should be room.

Here's me prepping for the event by buying x6 24" TVs... but I will need help populating them with systems! Although I do have a stack of 2600s. :D

image.thumb.png.f94efef92019587bdb41665306051265.png

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Songbird said:

Absolutely! We can coordinate more when it gets closer, but if people want to set up their own consoles + TVs, there should be room.

Here's me prepping for the event by buying x6 24" TVs... but I will need help populating them with systems! Although I do have a stack of 2600s. :D

Good deal.  I've got a few Jaguar consoles + Jaglink stuff I can bring, and probably can dig out a Lynx as well.  As you said, we can figure it out when it gets closer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just grabbed a ticket. I don't have a Jaguar or a lynx, But I do have Evercade stuff. :thumbsup:

It will be nice to a have a smaller gaming event and I live a hour away.

How does the ad-hoc swap meet work?

Is it just bring a table and set it up in a certain area?

Would power outlets be available?

Also, let me know if you guys need help or to borrow any crts.

• Like 2

Awesome, glad you can make it! I plan to have an Evercade set up for free play. 😀

The swap meet will most likely be a set time of an hour or so for people to set up their items to trade or sell. We should have enough tables for everyone. No plans to provide power at the tables, but there may be a few spare outlets. TBD.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also plan on attending.  This will be my first Jagfest but I have been attending MGC for almost 15 years now so I have gotten a little taste of jagfest here and there :)

I can bring Nuon / Jaguar stuff if needed.  As far as the swap meet, I will probably mostly be looking to buy...

Anyone have a Jag CD for a reasonable price?? ha ha.

Hope to see you all there!

• 1 month later...

Last call to pre-order JagFest T-shirts! Get those in by May 15.

image.png.3597322b64b8f7dd2aa401b172911ef3.png

Ran the numbers, and here's what fans can expect at JagFest next month for game reveals:
- 5 Jaguar games
- 5 Lynx games
- 2 Nuon games

This will be a combination of demos of unreleased games and exclusive announcements of upcoming games. List may grow too! 

image.png.057b7bb518a2b463a5a11d1c8d09fe20.png

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 7:44 AM, Songbird said:

Last call to pre-order JagFest T-shirts! Get those in by May 15.

image.png.3597322b64b8f7dd2aa401b172911ef3.png

Ran the numbers, and here's what fans can expect at JagFest next month for game reveals:
- 5 Jaguar games
- 5 Lynx games
- 2 Nuon games

This will be a combination of demos of unreleased games and exclusive announcements of upcoming games. List may grow too! 

image.png.057b7bb518a2b463a5a11d1c8d09fe20.png

Is that Virtual VCS on the top of the Jaguar PCBs?

I also wanted to take the opportunity and ask a question: does Songbird have plans to license a demo of Livewire by Black Scorpion Software for release in the future? 

Edited by KidGameR186496

People will need to bring Jaguars and carts if we're going to try that networked...

I should really revisit the Doom networking code again as it still wasn't 100% stable last I checked, but don't think I'll have time before JagFest.