IGNORED

Tim Lapetino announces- Today is my first day as Creative Director at Atari

PowerDubs

Quote-

I’m thrilled to share this news: Today is my first day as Creative Director at Atari.

I’ll be a part of growing and managing Atari’s design & creative work, shepherding the brand, and supporting our efforts in licensing and games.

It’s an amazing opportunity to join this team & help shape an iconic brand.

After seeing the moves made by Wade Rosen & the team these last few years, I wanted to be part of this era. W/ new games & hardware, great licensing & care for the company’s history, it's exciting.

Friends know my passion for Atari’s history and its status as pop culture icon. I want to honor the innovative spirit of the programmers, designers, artists & marketers who came before, while evolving & elevating the brand for future generations. A fantastic adventure!

https://x.com/lapetino/status/1759691671929754062?s=20

• Like 23

51 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

Quote-

I’m thrilled to share this news: Today is my first day as Creative Director at Atari.

I’ll be a part of growing and managing Atari’s design & creative work, shepherding the brand, and supporting our efforts in licensing and games.

After seeing the moves made by Wade Rosen & the team these last few years, I wanted to be part of this era. W/ new games & hardware, great licensing & care for the company’s history, it's exciting.

Friends know my passion for Atari’s history and its status as pop culture icon. I want to honor the innovative spirit of the programmers, designers, artists & marketers who came before, while evolving & elevating the brand for future generations. A fantastic adventure!

Congratulations! Such a cool opportunity!

19 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Quote-

Great news! I had Tim on "That Atari Show" in Dec 2022 and he was a great guest! I'll be posting a new Newsline about this shortly on my page ;)

Thanks PowerDubs for posting this news here, what a great guy & awesome addition to Atari!

BB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raiu said:

Makes me wonder whether Curt Vendel would have been on Atari's shortlist of people to hire.  (Makes me wonder, and makes me sad)

Yes, I know Curt did not like Fred Chesnais at all (and that's an understatement), but I feel he would have liked the direction nuTari has been headed.  He was obviously a huge fan of Atari overall, and it would have been great to see him officially involved with Atari in some capacity.  It makes me very sad as well that he is no longer with us.  :(

..Al

• Like 11

I saw one of Tim's fantastic presentations at PRGE in 2022 and also have his Art of Atari book - clearly very passionate about both retro and Atari (and an excellent speaker!).  Such a great appointment!

Having outstanding and passionate people at Atari now involved such as Tim, Al and Ben (via Plaion) really help drive the future forward in the retro space we all love. 

• Like 4

It does appear as though the current iteration of Atari really is taking steps to figure things out for the better.  I remain cautiously optimistic as to the end results, but they do seem to be trying to avoid (and, to some extent, wind back) the mistakes of the Chesnais era.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...