IGNORED

Lynx Catalogs?

Albert

Does anyone know if any Lynx catalogs were ever produced? There were certainly enough games produced on the Lynx to warrant one, at least from Atari. I've never seen one, but I haven't looked very hard. If any do exist, I'd like to get them scanned for AtariAge.

Thanks!

..Al

I have one Albert.. I'll see if I can scan it in.. it's a fan-fold one that's in the shape of a Lynx I  

Awesome, I look forward to seeing it! As of a few hours ago I'm now in possession of a Lynx II catalog that features many of the later Lynx releases from Atari. It's a fan-fold catalog that folds down vertically instead of horizontally. It'll be online when the new Lynx section goes live.

..Al

I remember getting a sales sheet from Atari that had some never released games such as Eye of the Beholder. I should find that sheet.

BTW, I hear Harry Dodgenson has a fully working EOTB proto. Did he ever sell or dump it?

Tempest

• 2 years later...

I have quite a few catalogs but they were all put away. One catalog I remember in particular was included with an issue of Gamepro and feature several games that wasn't released or was eventually released under Telegames. One I remember was the "Gridrunner" but it was never released under that title.

If I can find them, I'll scan them in as well. Maybe you should keep track of which catalog you have by the rev number su you don't end up with duplicates?

• 1 month later...
One I remember was the "Gridrunner" but it was never released under that title.

Gridrunner was renamed Hyperdrome.

This is a bit off topic but...some other games who change name:

DinoQuest = Dinolympics

Championship Racing = Championship Rally

Ultra Vortex = Ultravore

Are there any more?

Gridrunner was renamed Hyperdrome.

This is a bit off topic but...some other games who change name:

DinoQuest = Dinolympics

Championship Racing = Championship Rally

Ultra Vortex = Ultravore

Are there any more?

Rampage was going to be called Monster Demolition before Atari secured the license.

I think Electrocop was going to be called Impossible Mission.

Many of the other games were either arcade translations or computer translations that were already titled (Switchblade II, Viking Child, Shadow of the Beast, etc.)

yes,there are a couple more:

pinball shuffle became pinball jam with only 2 games instead of three

red baron became warbirds

3-d barrage became robo squash

time quests and treasure chests became gauntlet: the third encounter

there are a few others that escape me at the moment.......--the lynxer

I actually have the one for 1992 the very same one that is missing on Atari Age list. The cover shows Batman Returns, I got it when Atari was doing a promotional tour for the Lynx. I would like to see it posted and am willing to share the jpegs of that catalog with anyone who is interested.

I actually have the one for 1992 the very same one that is missing on Atari Age list. The cover shows Batman Returns, I got it when Atari was doing a promotional tour for the Lynx. I would like to see it posted and am willing to share the jpegs of that catalog with anyone who is interested.

I'd like to see this one posted also--I've responded to your private message about it. :)

..Al

I recently acquired two new Lynx I, documents, one from 1990 and one from 1991.

a 1990 Flyer fold out titled 'Introducing Lynx, The world's first graphic full color high power portable video game system' with on the inside 'Game over, Gameboy" and a screenshot of Vindicators (I want that game !!! :))

a 1991 Lynx Buyers guide, titled Atari Adventure, 16 pages with screenshots of unreleased games Grid Runner, Rolling Thunder, Vindicators (again damned, there must be protos around somewhere!), Geo Duel and other games that did came out. Also contains maps/tips on Ninja Gaiden, Tournament Cyberball and Blockout.

I'll make some pics tomorrow if you don't have these yet.

I recently acquired two new Lynx I, documents, one from 1990 and one from 1991.

We don't have scans of those yet, I'd love to see pictures of them. :)

..Al

Gameboy1.JPG

:D :D

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a scanner atm, but I took some

pictures for now: http://www.xs4all.nl/~bakkerp/Lynx/

I especially like pages 12-15 under the Title 'More hot titles coming in 1991!' with what appears to be screenshots of Rolling Thunder, Vindicators, 720 and Geo Duel.

• 9 months later...
Almost a year later, but yes, I've got a scanner here right now :D

I think it's a 600dpi max. What format do you want the scans?

846925[/snapback]

300dpi would be good, and in an uncompressed image format if possible (PNG, TIFF, etc). You can zip the files together and then send them to albert@atariage.com. If they turn out too large, you can save them as JPEG, but please use low compression if you do this so they don't come out looking bad. :)

Thanks!

..Al

Almost a year later, but yes, I've got a scanner here right now :D

I think it's a 600dpi max. What format do you want the scans?

846925[/snapback]

300dpi would be good, and in an uncompressed image format if possible (PNG, TIFF, etc). You can zip the files together and then send them to albert@atariage.com. If they turn out too large, you can save them as JPEG, but please use low compression if you do this so they don't come out looking bad. :)

Thanks!

..Al

846926[/snapback]

Well, they are 17 mb per page.. So that's 17 * 24 mb = 408 mb... Can your mailbox handle that?

btw, I also got another one in the mean time, also very nice material, 32 page, Atari Lynx Grey Matters, volume 3, 1992. Should I scan that one as well?

It includes a nice ad titled ' The Atari Lynx will make your Brain Sweat' and also features several unreleased games (Ninja Nerd, Cabal,Rolling thunder amongst others)

that will be another 32 * 17 mb = 544 mb

Edited by dgo

• 4 months later...