IGNORED

Lynx Catalogs?

Albert

Viking Child was originally called Prophecy

Well. If you take a closer look at the intro screen next time you play the game you will see it says "Prophecy I The Viking Child". (It actually looks more like "II" But it should be Prophecy I.)

As you might know this game was first released for the Amiga. And it was called: Prophecy 1 - The Viking Child. The Amiga version had more features, skills to learn, a different more complex story with a long intro. Odin himself gave Brian his mission etc. Even if the Lynx version doesn't have those features it's still a great game! One of my favourite Lynx games! :D

I think there was a version released for Game Boy also. At least in Europe?

Dinolympics was also called Dino Dudes (like the Jag version)

I know it was called Dinoquest. But maybe the name changed several times before it got its final name.

Edited by SwedenLynxer

As you might know this game was first released for the Amiga. And it was called: Prophecy 1 - The Viking Child. The Amiga version had more features, skills to learn, a different more complex story with a long intro. Odin himself gave Brian his mission etc. Even if the Lynx version doesn't have those features it's still a great game! One of my favourite Lynx games!

Actully it was an Atari ST game first then ported to the Amiga.

I know it was called Dinoquest. But maybe the name changed several times before it got its final name.

It was actully reviewed as Dino Dudes in Game Zone magazine here in the U.K.

Its strange they went back to this name for the Jag version.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a playable demo of the ST version of Viking Child, from one of the many British ST gaming magazines I collected. This is an awesome platform game with beautifully animated graphics and some impressive music to match.

edit: forgot to mention, I might have the book catalog for the Lynx, didn't that come with a GameFAN issue? did anyone ever find the Lynx page on my old website? here's an early magazine ad for the system.

post-845-1127509629_thumb.jpg

Edited by geosteve