IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 19 - Game 7 - Lock 'N' Chase

Back in the day I played this game a ton.  But my goal at that time was to get through all the levels,

I never worried about trying to get a high score.  I could get to the last level occasionally, but if

memory serves, I think I always died trying to complete it.

HSC's goal is high score, of course, irrespective of how many levels were completed.  So part of the trick here

is to collect as many cash bags and expensive treasures as you can, perhaps hanging around on each level

even after you've gobbled all or most of the coins.  That proved to be my demise in many games, as I ended

up losing lives going for one more big score.  In fact, that's how my 57520 game ended ... just one more treasure

and I would have moved up a spot in the standings!  As the high scorers have demonstrated, though, it is

certainly achievable.  Congrats to them!

I enjoyed diving back in to Lock 'n Chase (and Pitfall earlier), two games I played quite a bit as a youngster.

But frankly the fast and furious pace at which HSC introduces new games and ends previous ones, makes

it difficult to dive in to other games.  I simply don't have the time (and was even time challenged with

Lock 'n Chase, having been on vacation).  I don't know the history of HSC, so perhaps you've already

tinkered with the game scheduling.  But from my perspective, I could use a longer period with each

game, and a larger amount of time between game introductions.

locknchase57520.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, jimblargh said:

14,960 power pellets for me!

(Disc level)

Yeah, not my best showing. Still had fun with it though! :)

20240317_201815.jpg

1 hour ago, Peripheral said:

Back in the day I played this game a ton.  But my goal at that time was to get through all the levels,

I never worried about trying to get a high score.  I could get to the last level occasionally, but if

memory serves, I think I always died trying to complete it.

HSC's goal is high score, of course, irrespective of how many levels were completed.  So part of the trick here

is to collect as many cash bags and expensive treasures as you can, perhaps hanging around on each level

even after you've gobbled all or most of the coins.  That proved to be my demise in many games, as I ended

up losing lives going for one more big score.  In fact, that's how my 57520 game ended ... just one more treasure

and I would have moved up a spot in the standings!  As the high scorers have demonstrated, though, it is

certainly achievable.  Congrats to them!

I enjoyed diving back in to Lock 'n Chase (and Pitfall earlier), two games I played quite a bit as a youngster.

But frankly the fast and furious pace at which HSC introduces new games and ends previous ones, makes

it difficult to dive in to other games.  I simply don't have the time (and was even time challenged with

Lock 'n Chase, having been on vacation).  I don't know the history of HSC, so perhaps you've already

tinkered with the game scheduling.  But from my perspective, I could use a longer period with each

game, and a larger amount of time between game introductions.

locknchase57520.jpg

Hi Peripheral. Great score. In the Inty HSC, each game runs for a total of 2 weeks (essentially 15 days as I open the new games up on Saturdays and then close each one 3 Sundays later. Each season runs for 16 or so weeks. At times you can have 2 or 3 games active, sometimes more if there are bonus games... We recently had to take almost a year off to 'TRY' and ramp up more participation... Yes time to play can be very difficult, heck I'm in the car 10 hours each week just in commuting and then I gotta work... :P 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Quick Lock 'N' Chase Update:

132,740 - BigDumer

103,040 - mr_me

58,360 - scalpel

57,520 - Peripheral

54,740 - wolfy62

47,240 - ts-x

33,780 - Rickster8

30,640 - lupovax

30,600 - IntyFanMatt

25,640 - dpisacane

23,760 - cvga

18,800 - Player One

14,960 - jimblargh

5,640 - jblenkle

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.

FINAL Lock 'N' Chase Update: THE BIGDUMER ONCE AGAIN PROVES HE'S THE LNC KING!!! 👍

silent film lol GIF by Charlie ChaplinDanger Dancing GIF by Bens Watch Clubset it off heist GIFSt Patricks Day Drinking GIF by All Better

132,740 - BigDumer (+13)(+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE)

103,040 - mr_me (+12)

58,360 - scalpel (+11)

------------------------------------------

57,520 - Peripheral (+9)

54,740 - wolfy62 (+8)

47,240 - ts-x (+7)

33,780 - Rickster8 (+6)

30,640 - lupovax (+5)

30,600 - IntyFanMatt (+4)

25,640 - dpisacane (+3)

23,760 - cvga (+2)

18,800 - Player One (+1)