IGNORED

Are there fake/repro copies of Atari games on eBay and elsewhere? Is this one of them?

I purchased another copy of 1982 Phoenix for the Atari 2600 recently.  (My original cartridge's dust cover was starting to pop out of the back.)  However, when I received the game, it appeared a bit too "new."  Its front and top labels appeared (and felt) super glossy with a red that was much, much more vibrant than that of my original game.  In fact, the red seems different than the one used on most of my other silver label games.  It's more of a "brick red" rather than a "burnt orangey-red."  On top of that?  I was cleaning the contacts with Q*tips and alcohol and noticed the "new" game's contacts seemed more "angular" as opposed to the more "scalloped" contacts on my original Phoenix.

I have attached some images for your perusal.  My original game is on the left.  The newly-received copy is on the right.  (Unfortunately, I could not figure out a way to take good pics of the boards' contacts.)

Anyway, I just wanted to make sure this is an actual vintage product rather than a newly-produced item or something that is now sporting repro labels or whatnot.  Any help from those of you with a lot more knowledge would be hugely appreciated.

I mean, maybe I'm concerned over nothing at all...  *shrug*

2600 Phoenix - front.jpg

2600 Phoenix - top.jpg

Those both look real to me. There is a lot of variation in printing, and over time some labels will fade more than others. Depends how games are stored. If they are exposed to the sun for long periods of time, you'll very often see the colors fade to varying degrees. 

Also, Phoenix is fairly common, so no reason really for someone to make a reproduction of it. 

..Al