IGNORED

Whats your favorite 2600 game theme/music?

mark

It has to be Thrust. Hey Thomas, I listened to the intro tune before I bought the game, and after I got it it sounds a little worse on the actual hardware. Why is that?

I have no idea, and since I don't have that cart myself I cannot confirm that. Maybe some hardware differences.

Can you describe the differences?

The mp3 on the atariage site sounds smoother. On the cartrige when it is playing a long drawn out note and the background changes you can hear litte clicks in the solid notes. Not a big deal, and I hardly notice it anymore. The only time I listen to it is when I stop playing it and respond to these messages.

Hi there!

Mine is pitfall 2 and moon patrol. I never get sick of moon patrols music when playing. Whats yours?

Way cool!

Your message inspired me to add the Moon Patrol tune to my old music selector. :)

It now contains music & jingles from :

Moon Patrol, A-Team, Jedi Arena, Frogger, Sky Skipper, Frogger 2, Gyrus, James Bond, Mr. Do & Popeye

Skip with SELECT.

Enjoy,

Manuel

music.zip

Mountain King by a longshot. You could almost believe in the even-tempered 2600 ;)

I guess I feel okay giving myself an honorable mention for the Pac26 music even though the Ms. Pac-Man music was still more authentic. I never cared for the Ms. Pac-Man music. ;) Those guys whose names I can't remember right now who started making "Mr. Pac-Man" did better than me or the Ms. Pac-Man guys though.

I can't really give Pitfall the nod because of its dependence on hardware... and naturally, Paul's stuff is the most impressive but I'm kinda tied to melodies in terms of remembering video game music. Maybe there are some stick in your head melodies in Marble Craze, I won't know till I get paddles that don't send me immediately flying off the screen ;)

I whistle the Dig Dug intro quite a bit.  For an in-game soundtrack, I like Gyruss.

Now that tune was butchered for home conversions :( I only remember the C64 getting it close to right (pre NES days of course)

Which...Gyruss or Dig Dug?

whoops...Dig Dug ;)

Ghostbusters - I am the only one who likes the game-music!?

BMX Air Master has great music too.

no, i too was very impressed with it. and i will add a heart 'i agree' to reactor. what awesome sound. I even have to admit that, at the time, the music that plays when you get the 'force' in empire was something i thouhgt was so awesome, that it alone was my impetus for my survival.

Music? On the 2600? I'd rather listen to my C=64 SIDtunes collection.

But anyway, the best music is Pitfall 2. Unfortunately it has the same flaw as the Super Mario Bros... too darn repetitive. I listen to the music for about 30 minutes, and then turn down the volume.

Actually, a lot of games, even new ones like Metroid Prime and Final Fantasy have the same flaw (same music over-and-over-and-over-and-over-and...).