IGNORED

David Ahl's books

Actually, both are considered to be current, last I knew. Having two locations for the files is a good thing. . .a lot of work went into scanning those books.

I went hunting. Here are all four of his computer books, as found online today.

We just need to ask @acadiel and @Tursi to add them to their mirrors.

basic_computer_adventures.pdf Basic_Computer_Games_Microcomputer_Edition.pdf Big Computer Games.pdf More_BASIC_Computer_Games.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I mirrored the original page with no changes just so it wouldn't disappear. When Acadiel started his mirror I was going to take mine down but was asked not to. I've no idea what people are using. ;)

But I don't have any of the resources to add books in a consistent manner.

Still, those are amazing books and with Ahl releasing his stuff to the public domain well worth keeping in front of people. I suppose it's not disrespectful to hack up the original page for that goal.

(I have the 'wanted' page mirrored as well, but it looks like I took down the link since I was not planning to maintain the page, only mirror it.)

In the MORE BASIC COMPUTER GAMES book, is it true that the Chris Cerf who did the preface for the book is the same guy who did certain incidental music for Sesame Street and other children's shows, and was related to Bennett Cerf who appeared on the old game show What's My Line?

~Ben

Edited by ColecoFan1981

On 3/20/2024 at 8:53 PM, Ksarul said:

Actually, both are considered to be current, last I knew. Having two locations for the files is a good thing. . .a lot of work went into scanning those books.

I went hunting. Here are all four of his computer books, as found online today.

We just need to ask @acadiel and @Tursi to add them to their mirrors.

basic_computer_adventures.pdf 8.07 MB · 21 downloads Basic_Computer_Games_Microcomputer_Edition.pdf 12.77 MB · 16 downloads Big Computer Games.pdf 13.82 MB · 16 downloads More_BASIC_Computer_Games.pdf 63.7 MB · 16 downloads

I have them and the other one you sent downloaded.  I just have to find a good web editor to see if I can stay with the same theme that was within the original web page. :)

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

I have them and the other one you sent downloaded.  I just have to find a good web editor to see if I can stay with the same theme that was within the original web page. :)

Feel free to just grab the source from my copy, unless you've added books that I never did. I went through and fixed all the gaps in the alphabetical list too.