IGNORED

Hello My Long Rested Ataris

Hello my long lost Ataris!! After 8 years, 3 moves and 2400 miles, my Atari collection is seeing its first light of day in a long time. I can finally get it all organized, recorded and start thinning the herd after many years of flux. This is only part of what I need to unbox and shelf, but it is a great start!!! I even found my 1400XL project box!!! I see a new build in my near future!!

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

IMG_1182.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

IMG_1187.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Adam, good to see you are assessing your treasure trove again! 🙂

Some of those look like 600xl systems, right? 

Unless you moved again, I assume we are still in the same neck of the woods. I'll ping you separately.

Take care, 

Eric. 

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

wow that's really thinned out compared to what you used to have. I am amazed.

Good god, what was it like before?

Also, that is the most yellow TT030 I've ever seen!  Not that I've seen many of them.  On the bright side, no matter how many times I start to think "man, I have a lot of Ataris" I'll inevitably see someone with way more than I have.  :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leech said:

Also, that is the most yellow TT030 I've ever seen!  Not that I've seen many of them.  On the bright side, no matter how many times I start to think "man, I have a lot of Ataris" I'll inevitably see someone with way more than I have.  :) 

It makes me feel better about my own rapidly growing collection!!! Mine is already taking over the place. :) 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, leech said:

He mostly got there by way of obtaining 3 large collections, one of which was on its way to the dump if he didn't save it (and maybe some kind of similar fate for the other collections he got too).

3 Saved Atari Collections

[Edit]

I just noticed he has a link to the pictures of those collections in his sig too.

• Like 2

I just looked through the images of those three collections and all I can say is WOW!

I'd love to stumble onto something like that and to be able to save them. It kills me to think that, if he hadn't saved all of that one collection, it was headed to the dump, and makes me wonder, how many other similar and smaller collections have met the same fate over the decades. It's a tragedy.

I'd really love to see all of those Antic & Analog cover disks and APX disks get properly flux imaged and archived.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

I just looked through the images of those three collections and all I can say is WOW!

I'd love to stumble onto something like that and to be able to save them. It kills me to think that, if he hadn't saved all of that one collection, it was headed to the dump, and makes me wonder, how many other similar and smaller collections have met the same fate over the decades. It's a tragedy.

I'd really love to see all of those Antic & Analog cover disks and APX disks get properly flux imaged and archived.

What's really missing more  are utilities with their packaging and public domain software. The Antic and Analog magazine software has been archived and most of the the APX stuff as been as well. A big thing that is needed is organizing this stuff better and having a more easier way to get access to it. For example, a site needs to be created to access and search all the user group disks. Right now they are just partial collections out there in various places.

1 hour ago, Allan said:

What's really missing more  are utilities with their packaging and public domain software. The Antic and Analog magazine software has been archived and most of the the APX stuff as been as well. A big thing that is needed is organizing this stuff better and having a more easier way to get access to it. For example, a site needs to be created to access and search all the user group disks. Right now they are just partial collections out there in various places.

Yes and no. Many of the Antic & Analog disks weren't properly archived as many were double-sided, but only one side is available. If the second sides have been archived since the last time I checked, I'm not aware of it.

Still, it would be great to see everything he has properly archived.

11 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

Yes and no. Many of the Antic & Analog disks weren't properly archived as many were double-sided, but only one side is available. If the second sides have been archived since the last time I checked, I'm not aware of it.

Still, it would be great to see everything he has properly archived.

Do you know what issue numbers?

6 hours ago, MrFish said:

Here are some pictures of the same shelves he's displaying in this thread (and other shelves), but with more stuff (and the storage room before the stuff was on shelves).

Coming Soon!!

(stupid internet fail).  I was trying to find a clip of A Fish Called Wanda, where Michael Palin says, "Look Wanda, Treasure."  That was the first thing that popped into my mind.

4 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Seriously.  A decent portion of my 8bit collection is from a place where people just donate stuff, and I and my friends at the time had bought pretty much all they had of Atari 8bit stuff.  My friend currently regrets at one point getting rid of his 1200XL, but that is where I managed to get a 130xe, XEGS (with keyboard) some 1050 drives, etc.  Still have all of it except for some of the 1050s, which I sold for a license to HDDriver for the ST... forgotten I'd done that, but found the receipt one day.  Unfortunately due to some terrible circumstances, a bunch of my stuff got tossed into the dump... a TT keyboard, an Indus GT, SC1224... still pissed about it.

15 hours ago, MrFish said:

By current Ebay prices, your collection is worth well over $1,000,000.00

The challenge is that liquidating such a large collection all at once would depress the market and the seller would never realize on the total value. On the other hand, it would take a very long time to slowly part everything out at full price. 

17 minutes ago, jhd said:

The challenge is that liquidating such a large collection all at once would depress the market and the seller would never realize on the total value. On the other hand, it would take a very long time to slowly part everything out at full price. 

I guess I should have put some type of smiley/emoji signifying the jesting nature of my post, the point of which was to poke fun at the current ridiculously-inflated prices that infest the biggest online-selling market for retro gear.

image.thumb.jpeg.9c58cf11cca6c9a081f2127e636d710a.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

I guess I should have put some type of smiley/emoji signifying the jesting nature of my post, the point of which was to poke fun at the current ridiculously-inflated prices that infest the biggest online-selling market for retro gear.

image.thumb.jpeg.9c58cf11cca6c9a081f2127e636d710a.jpeg

Ha, I think getting fujinets for all of them and networking them into an AI to take over the world would be much more entertaining.