IGNORED

Homebrew Idea

While I do appreciate the effort to make something like Cave Story in any Atari 2600 or any Atari ting, but I feel like we need something smaller-scale, slightly more original in terms of story. Even on a DPC+ kernel, this might be daunting mostly, but not impossible.

Hell, I would like a Cave Story spinoff similar to Bubble Bobble or something like that to start with. :3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alfredtdk said:

Testing a new type of Quote. More slender, reminiscent of a typical teenager, listening to music through headset.
There is also the presence of the green creature, one of the first to appear in the classic game.

Captura de tela_2024-04-12_19-33-14.png

Quote_Test.bas 15.75 kB · 0 downloads Quote_Test.bas.bin 4 kB · 1 download

Although I like the old “Game Accurate” sprite more, I absolutely love lanky Quote here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfredtdk said:

Testing a new type of Quote. More slender, reminiscent of a typical teenager, listening to music through headset.
There is also the presence of the green creature, one of the first to appear in the classic game.

Captura de tela_2024-04-12_19-33-14.png

Quote_Test.bas 15.75 kB · 0 downloads Quote_Test.bas.bin 4 kB · 1 download

I would prefer a smaller Quote sprite tbh. Mostly because I want to fit more on a screen since this is a platformer after all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, r_chase said:

I would prefer a smaller Quote sprite tbh. Mostly because I want to fit more on a screen since this is a platformer after all.

This can be perfectly adapted. After all, we are just testing the possibilities presented. I was inspired by these current images, with a manga style.

Captura de tela em 2024-04-12 19-51-24.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quote said:

Been experimenting with the VCS Game Maker web app, and I’ve been in the process of making my own demo to show to everyone

Sadly, it doesn’t export to .bas

Bas is the Atari bB programming format, correct?  It's not an actual playable game at that point and still needs to be compiled into a .bin or one of the older formats for emulation.   What format does the web app export the file in?  Can you post a link to the app?

2 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Bas is the Atari bB programming format, correct?  It's not an actual playable game at that point and still needs to be compiled into a .bin or one of the older formats for emulation.   What format does the web app export the file in?  Can you post a link to the app?

Hello,

The reason I want it to export as .bas is so I can put it through vBB so I can make changes.

It exports as .bin or the proprietary .vcsgm. It does give me text code, though.

The app is at https://haroldo-ok.itch.io/vcs-game-maker .

• Like 1

It appears that VCS Game Maker does give you the generated batariBasic code... probably the text code you're talking about.  So you probably just need to select all that text, paste it into a text editor, and then save as a file ending in .bas.

• Like 1

Look what I found while going through my old phone…

A mockup,

Some sprites of Malnourished Quote (ain’t he a cutie? I think I was actually going to use them for a mod of the real game)

And more sprites of Quote.

These are around from the time I was first wanting to make this, and I think around the time I made my account!

IMG_0349.png

Untitled1810_20240419192513.png

IMG_0352.png

• Like 1