IGNORED

Season 15 ~ Week 13 ~ Turmoil

Turmoil 58,040 - although I am going to keep trying.

I can get to levels 6, 7, 8, but my scores are never as good as some of the folks posting here.  I must be doing something wrong.  Like, I see in the first few post on this thread, people getting to levels 7 and 8 but scores are way, way higher than mine.  I gotta be doing something wrong.  There's a finite number of bad guys to shoot, I can't understand how the the scores can be so far apart.

image.png.a38ab16357708f0d4f5d2afef9eb3e0e.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mack25 said:

Turmoil 58,040 - although I am going to keep trying.

I can get to levels 6, 7, 8, but my scores are never as good as some of the folks posting here.  I must be doing something wrong.  Like, I see in the first few post on this thread, people getting to levels 7 and 8 but scores are way, way higher than mine.  I gotta be doing something wrong.  There's a finite number of bad guys to shoot, I can't understand how the the scores can be so far apart.

image.png.a38ab16357708f0d4f5d2afef9eb3e0e.png

The big points are from grabbing the pulsing eggs before they start bouncing back and forth.  It appears to be random on how many you get each level, so it will affect scoring.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mack25 said:

Yes, it's all about the bonus points from "the eggs". I restart the game on & on until I have at least 8 eggs in the first lvl. So you start with more than 8000 points into lvl 2.

From level 4 onwards the game becomes even more a question of luck. So I play levels 1 to 3 until I have a good base of starting points before moving on to the more difficult part of the game with level 4.

• Like 4

Well, here we have the Atari 2600 doing what it does best and delivering some simple, fast paced blasting fun. The graphics are colourful and work in that crude way that many good 2600 games do, and the sound works well with the game. Most importantly, the gameplay is fun and absorbing, with the dynamic of picking up prizes adding a useful added dimension to stop things getting samey too quickly.

I really have enjoyed this one, even though lack of time means I haven't played it as much as I would have liked. I hope to try again at the weekend, but I think I may have hit a wall (as I eventually do with most games of this type) at level 6. At that point, the action seems to move faster than my brain can process it, and I burn through lives very quickly!.

Anyway, that's enough from me, here's a score :

Turmoil (1982) (20th Century Fox)_4.png

• Like 3