IGNORED

SuperCharger rom on a melody cart

Zoyx

Is it possible to make a reproduction of a SuperCharger game using a Melody Cart? I was able to play the Starpath version of Frogger on my Harmony Encore, but not sure if that automatically means it can be burned onto a Melody Cart.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Zoyx said:

Is it possible to make a reproduction of a SuperCharger game using a Melody Cart? I was able to play the Starpath version of Frogger on my Harmony Encore, but not sure if that automatically means it can be burned onto a Melody Cart.

Thank

It is possible, yes, but with a caveat. The current Melody driver works on my end, but I have gotten reports from others that sometimes it doesn't boot (though if it does boot, it works fine.)

You can test out the Melody driver by using developer mode on a Harmony to burn the game directly to Harmony's memory, and you can see if a Melody version of a Starpath game would work for you. I have been meaning to figure out why it doesn't boot for some people.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2024 at 2:40 AM, batari said:

It is possible, yes, but with a caveat. The current Melody driver works on my end, but I have gotten reports from others that sometimes it doesn't boot (though if it does boot, it works fine.)

You can test out the Melody driver by using developer mode on a Harmony to burn the game directly to Harmony's memory, and you can see if a Melody version of a Starpath game would work for you. I have been meaning to figure out why it doesn't boot for some people.

Finally got around to testing this. It worked! I managed to get a single-load Starpath game to work in single-image mode on my original Harmony cart (from 2010). Is it possible to purchase a melody board so I can test this on that?